Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone S-310

Kholodk

I have a Gibson S-310 that I want to sell. I would like to know more about this guitar and how much I should sell it for.

It is in great condition without any scratches etc.

on it, it says:

s310.s3b (just a sticker)

and engraved,

MADE IN KOREA

(I would insert an image, but im new here, and I don't know how this thing works. :- haha)

Thank you so much in advance.

Kholodk,

post some photos of your guitar, it will arouse interest here. You can also post in the instrument wanted / for sale section once you determine a price for it.

Here are some details on the S-310 series:-

S-310

Photo link:- S-310

S-310 (1986-1988)

- Tech-II Series pick-up system (S/S/S)

- Chrome hardware

- Vintage-style six saddle tremolo

- Alder/Plywood Laminate body with belly contour

- Maple bolt-on neck

- 22-fret Maple or Rosewood fingerboard with "dot" inlays

- 25.5" scale

- Also available left-handed

- Colors available: Fiesta Red, Black, Ivory, Vintage Sunburst, and Seafoam Green.

S-310 (1989-1999)

- Three single coil pickups

- Chrome hardware

- Dual Pivot Fulcrum Tremolo

- Alder/Plywood Laminate body with belly contour

- Maple bolt-on neck

- 22-fret Maple or Rosewood fingerboard with "dot" inlays

- 25.5" scale

- Also available left-handed

- Colors available: Fiesta Red, Black, Ivory, Vintage Sunburst, and Seafoam Green.

This probably sounds very stupid, but I don't know how to attach a picture. haha. I get the , and I'm never on forums, so I don't know how it works.

I have looked for a help section with instructions, but there doesn't seem to be one.

Thank you so much for your help. [biggrin]

I have been looking around as well, so I know its from 1993.

That's a lower level Stratocaster clone' date=' I believe. I'd price it at around $100 US. Convert that to Swedish and there you go.[/quote']

I think you might be able to get a little more. I assume that guitar prices in Sweden are somewhat like the Danish (as we have similar taxations), which means that our prices are higher than the American.

I suppose that if guitar prices in general are higher in Europe (which I believe they are) due to availability, then he could probably get a little more out of it.

You could always check Ebay for a reference point. But many times people will try to sell them for $250-$300 claiming they are rare - which they are definately not. The only rare ones are the S-310 Custom (ash body HSS) and the S-300 (Built before the 310's yet look identical but with a pointy, Jackson style headstock)...and the S-200. But I'm not even sure that one exists.

Kholodk,

here is a similar guitar to your S-310, it is a S-500 E by G superstrat that I bought from Evilbay for 100GBP ($150)

EbyGStrat.jpg

This is in very good condition with the buyer expecting it to go to $300 but auctions are funny things, you might expect to get the equivalent of 300 Euros at the maximum but you never know what some people might be prepared to pay for it.

Good luck.

Kholodk' date='

here is a similar guitar to your S-310, it is a S-500 E by G superstrat that I bought from Evilbay for 100GBP ($150)

[img']http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w168/Albannach_Cuileag/EbyGStrat.jpg[/img]

This is in very good condition with the buyer expecting it to go to $300 but auctions are funny things, you might expect to get the equivalent of 300 Euros at the maximum but you never know what some people might be prepared to pay for it.

Good luck.

$150 USD is a very fair price for that guitar. And much better that the S-310s IMO. I'd pay up to $200 for an S-500 in great condition. Maybe a bit more for an '86 with a lawsuit headstock.

I have an 88 or 89 I bought new at a small shop in NJ. It was first cheaper Strat clone. I still own it. It was in a bright 80s yellow, so apparently the list above isn't complete as they don't list a yellow for those years and mine is a S-310.

I have an 88 or 89 I bought new at a small shop in NJ. It was first cheaper Strat clone. I still own it. It was in a bright 80s yellow' date=' so apparently the list above isn't complete as they don't list a yellow for those years and mine is a S-310.[/quote']

Hey, you are right! I missed Yellow as a color option. My Epiphone Strat Guide is a work in progress, but I think I got the bulk of it correct. I still find inconsistencies in it myself.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will be correcting it in the very near future.[-(

The color choices actually are from old literature and if I am correct from Epiphone directly. I saved alot of this info from a site that no longer exists and brought it here to help people identify their strats. Much of the info on the original site was incomplete, incorrect, or conflicting. I had to piece alot of it together and make many corrections, as well as do some research on my own. I'm not surprised when I find some incorrect data.

I'm just glad that people are getting use out of it. Identifying an Epiphone strat was pretty much a crap-shoot before.

BTW, lets see some pics of that yellow strat! You dont see many of those at all.

Archived