Gibson Brands Forums

Fakes at Guitar Center?

EpiLady

As I stated in another thread, I just bought a Les Paul Custom from guitar center and it has more than a few problems. After a lot of searching online I think it is a fake! Everything except the position of the knobs and serial number sounds just like my guitar! Can you buy a fake at guitar center because the new guitar I just purchased is not near as nice as my friends old beat up Standard, and mine is a Custom so it should be even nicer? Whats going on?

Send an email to Epi Customer Service with the serial number and they can check it out for you.

Actually, that won't tell if it is a fake. People that build and sell fakes know how to make authentic fake serial numbers. Coming from GC I really doubt it is a fake, like AS said, just poorly made.

As I stated in another thread' date=' I just bought a Les Paul Custom from guitar center and it has more than a few problems. After a lot of searching online I think it is a fake! Everything except the position of the knobs and serial number sounds just like my guitar! [b']Can you buy a fake at guitar center because the new guitar I just purchased is not near as nice as my friends old beat up Standard, and mine is a Custom so it should be even nicer? Whats going on?[/b]

Did you buy a used/trade-in or new?

Why would you walk out the door with an obviously sub-par quality instrument?

Buying sight unseen is one thing, but this report is ..., suspect.

Take it back to GC. Luck to you.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Archived