Gibson Brands Forums

Have any of you seen.....................

Hooligan

Have any of you seen a Black Les Paul with mother of pearl binding?

I'm looking to do one up really gaudy .... :- .... MOP pick guard, pick up rings, treble ring, and access panels, trimmed out with nickel hardware. Got a set of Pearly Gates I'd like to do a Jimmy Page wire job

I'd even consider a custom body that I can rip out the cream binding and replace with MOP then refinish with Nitro rather than poly..........

Because I'm in the "Cash Cab" and this is my final shout out............

Mainly looking for your approval on what my next guitar would look like and for you to tell me I'd be wasting my time and putting too much money in a guitar

I cant remember what is is called, but there is an Epiphone LP with a completely MOP covered body. Gaudy and frikkin' awesome all at the same time.

So, you can walk away now, or you can stick around and go for double or nothing. What do you say...do you want to play? ...and the Cash Cab rolls on...

I love Ben Bailey.

So' date=' you can walk away now, or you can stick around and go for double or nothing. What do you say...do you want to play? ...and the Cash Cab rolls on...

[/quote']

Awesome, I was afraid my malicious sarcasm would be lost. :)

Theres a few mahogany Gibson bodies on Ebay. A freind of mine builds base guitars and he says it would be no problem at all getting one of those and routing in the MOP binding and shooting on a high gloss black finish and then shooting on Nitro

Archived