Gibson Brands Forums

Oz Evil Bay Again

Darren W

Darren,

hahahahaha...

OK, you're definately winning our 'search for the bizarre' thus far sir...

That is one awesome Fisher Price'o'caster...

But $2700!!!

Tell him he's dreamin'!!!

Note in the print that this is a *reissue* they are asking that kind of money for.

Check this out - a former bandmate of mine has a REAL late 60's Spectrum 5 that was truly under-the-bed.

Here's what he had to say about this baby:

"Found in the middle of winter (last yr.) at a local flea mkt. 1968 Teisco Spectrum 5 .. Dead mint with original catalog, white leather strap (still in plastic) and 2 coil cords in the pocket and a letter from WMI (the distributor) stating that the value of the guitar is $400.00 (in 1968). The gator Fender style case is also in amazing as new condition. This guitar was an auction prize for local educational TV staton (NPR) in the 60's. Either never auctioned or won and put under a bed or closet. Geez in 68 I think $400.00 would get you a Strat ..right?

Anyhoo I was supposed to sell it.........but every time I open the case ...I go ...naw...........you never know when you might want to get your Surf on!!"

OriginalSpectrum5.jpg

Note in the print that this is a *reissue* they are asking that kind of money for.

Check this out - a former bandmate of mine has a REAL late 60's Spectrum 5 that was truly under-the-bed.

Here's what he had to say about this baby:

"Found in the middle of winter (last yr.) at a local flea mkt. 1968 Teisco Spectrum 5 .. Dead mint with original catalog' date=' white leather strap (still in plastic) and 2 coil cords in the pocket and a letter from WMI (the distributor) stating that the value of the guitar is $400.00 (in 1968). The gator Fender style case is also in amazing as new condition. This guitar was an auction prize for local educational TV staton (NPR) in the 60's. Either never auctioned or won and put under a bed or closet. Geez in 68 I think $400.00 would get you a Strat ..right?

Anyhoo I was supposed to sell it.........but every time I open the case ...I go ...naw...........you never know when you might want to get your Surf on!!"

[img']http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h183/itchytwofeets/OriginalSpectrum5.jpg[/img]

Totally 'on target' post twofeets... We love this stuff in Oz[cool] ...

& if you wanna see an Epi-head do a flip... wait till one MIDIMan (ex Vegas) sees this baby

Talk again... I'm off to check under my bed (again!)[cool]

If I remember from an old Teisco Del Rey column in Guitar Player from the late 80's, there was a warehouse somewhere in New Jersey that was full of brand new Stereo Spectrum 5's that had never been sold. I've wondered for years how many of those ever made it out. It is a cool looking guitar, but $2700 seems awfully steep for it.

Archived