Gibson Brands Forums

My Dot

GuitarFanatic3

I never asked what you guys thought about my first guitar. its a 1999 Dot built in Saein' date=' Korea. I was wondering if you guys new if it turned yellow cause of age or something else? but anyway, heres the link: [url']http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/zz80/GuitarFanatic3/Guitars/[/url]

Some types of lacquer will yellow as they age, or if they've been contaminated before being applied. My guess is that is what caused it.

How humid an environment do you keep the Dot in?

You don't use it near a "fog machine" or anything like that do you?

It's a very nice looking guitar, but tje super heavy coloring of the outside edges of the grain almost look like the early stages of water damage.

Unless they intentionally used Spalted wood for the top layer.

i live in a really dry part of california so its kept pretty dry. i only got it a few months ago and im pretty sure that he kept it in pretty good condition. i could tell that he cherished it and only sold it cause he was broke. i dont have a fog machine or anything of the sort. it was yellowed when i got it. i dont know about the part about the grain. i think its just cause i used my crappy phone camera. thanks for the input. [biggrin]

Archived