Gibson Brands Forums

epi explorer gt template?

lt7yosh

I'm looking for a template of the explorer gt, I own one but it is super poor quality (in comparison to a more expensive set up) and would like to build my own off of this beautiful body design. Where can I perhaps find it?

Thx!!

By the way, I'm new here and a newb [biggrin]

I'm looking for a template of the explorer gt' date=' I own one but it is super poor quality (in comparison to a more expensive set up) and would like to build my own off of this beautiful body design. Where can I perhaps find it?

Thx!!

By the way, I'm new here and a newb :)[/quote']

Sounds like you're looking for a full-size drawing with all measurements.

I have one for a 1959 Gibby LP, but do not believe one yet exists for an

Explorer. I can, however, throw some links at you:

1958 Gibson Explorer Template:

http://www.guitarbuildingtemplates.com/58Explorer.htm

Gibson Explorer generic pdf drawing:

http://audiomedia.se/gitarrbygge/Gibson_Explorer_76.pdf

READ the following thread, asks pretty much the SAME question

as you do!

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/45462-explorer-plans.html

Welcome to our "Mosh Pit", and thanks - researching your question just gave me

a source for Masonite Guitar Templates, which I will be posting in the "Do-it-Yourself"

Sticky in the EPI Lounge!

[thumbup]

For reference, Animalfarm, the Explorer GT is a whole other beast:

epiphone-explorer-gt.jpg

And sorry, I don't have any plans (nor would I honestly expect anyone to, given it's a very new guitar) but welcome to the forum! [cool]

Thx for all the input guys! But like sjael says, different guitar all together, the feel is much less bulky which I personally prefer coming from a strictly double cutaway style guitar (the gt is about 85% of an explorer in body size comparison). U guys are great :) thx for the pic sjael, maybe something will come up soon. Does epi have a custom shop for the average joe like us? I could always just have one built for an arm, a leg, and a left nut :P can I say that on here? Lol

Here's mine anyways, swapped pickups and wiring harness, need to drill out headstock tuning machine holes to a bigger size for modern style tuners since the cheap stock tuners are vintage sizing and suck. Sounds great except some fret buzz...

90ccd346.jpg

Here's mine anyways' date=' swapped pickups and wiring harness, need to drill out headstock tuning machine holes to a bigger size for modern style tuners since the cheap stock tuners are vintage sizing and suck. Sounds great except some fret buzz...

[/quote']

Wow....nice !!! What kind of pups are those??? They look really nice in that guitar !!![cool]

They are basically a knock off dimarzio x2n, but honestly I've never heard a pickup better than these (imo), and if I remember right, the set of them was for 40 bux! Www.dragonfireguitars.com has a ton of great stuff, they started out local in my small town and went big ;)

Archived