Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Classic U.S. Goldtop with SD pickups

atkinsg

Hi Everyone

I just picked up an Epiphone Les Paul Classic U.S. Goldtop with SD pickups made in the epi china factory.

I called LM in ottawa looking for one as I had seen one someone else picked up.

LM sell them for $540.00 (old new stock transfered from TO.)

They still have some in TO if your interested.

These Epi,s have super reviews, and are similar to the slash goldtop without the slash price.

I am quite impressed with how epi has come along in quality in the new factory.

This guitar is sweet.

Does anyone else out there have one of these great guitars?

SDC10374.jpg

SDC10370.jpg

SDC10369.jpg

SDC10373.jpg

Hi Mouse... I mean souris [rolleyes]

They are SD Alnico II Pro, like Slash's pickups.

Here's my girlfriend's LP (she never plays it and I do her a favour and play it myself [biggrin] ):

lpgt22.jpg

They are SD Alnico II Pro' date=' like Slash's pickups.

Here's my girlfriend's LP (she never plays it and I do her a favour and play it myself #-o ):

[img']http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6528/lpgt22.jpg[/img]

Xaj, I was thinking the same thing myself when he first mention an Epi LP Goldtop w/ SD Alnico II Pro p'ups.

It says "Limited Edition" on the back of the headstock, though.

Maybe since you girlfriend doesn't play her own "Slash" (or at least it looks like one) LP, maybe she really

bought it for you to play when you want to (does she play guitar, too?). Or maybe she's just a Slash-freak. [cool]

[blush]

No Paul.

My girlfriend does play guitar (she has another acoustic) and saxophone and has an amazingly powerful voice.

She wanted an electric after playing mine and so she decided she wanted one in gold.

So she chose this LP Classic U.S. Goldtop that has the SDs in it but it isn't a Slash (no case, and not the same price tag).

And it does say Limited Edition Custom Shop on the back of the headstock.

And although I am not a Slash freak I certainly am a fan and I have to admit that my love of guitars and Les Pauls did indeed begin back in 1988 whilst watching a video on TV called Sweet Child of Mine where this guy playing a guitar really got me into wanting to learn.

[blush]

[blush]

No Paul.

My girlfriend does play guitar (she has another acoustic) and saxophone and has an amazingly powerful voice.

She wanted an electric after playing mine and so she decided she wanted one in gold.

So she chose this LP Classic U.S. Goldtop that has the SDs in it but it isn't a Slash (no case' date=' and not the same price tag).

And it does say Limited Edition Custom Shop on the back of the headstock.

And although I am not a Slash freak I certainly am a fan and I have to admit that my love of guitars and Les Pauls did indeed begin back in 1988 whilst watching a video on TV called Sweet Child of Mine where this guy playing a guitar really got me into wanting to learn.

[blush

Xaj, that's great! Do you both play in the same band? I love LP's, too. My inspirations go back to guys in the 60's & 70's.

I once had a Gibson Alpine White Les Paul Custom. I bought it back in 1987 at Sam Ash in Paramus, NJ for $825.00 with the case. That was a steal back then. It had a beautiful ebony fingerboard w/ block mother-of-pearl inlays, gold hardware (tuners were Grover's) and white numbers on black speed knobs. Unfortunately I had to let that guitar go [blush]. A couple of years ago I only had enough money to buy the Epiphone Les Paul Standard VS Plain-Top. It'll never replace my Gibson LP, but it's fine for the time being until I can afford to get a Gibson Lester. I'll probably have to settle for the Studio version as opposed to the Standard. There's a bit of a difference in price. I was fortunate where with my work bonus (what was left after taxes and paying some bills) that I was able to get a Gibson CS-336 VS. It's a semi-hollow made by Gibson's Custom Shop. If it didn't feel so good and play so sweet I would have never taken the plunge, but the price was at what I could afford with what I had left ($2,199.00), so I bought it. It came with the case and Certificate of Authenticity. She's a beaut, and I'm not letting her go. Along with her, I still have my 2005 Epi Sheraton-II NA and my 2007 Epi LP Standard. Both play and sound great, so I can't complain. I'm a lucky man.

Archived