Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Special 2 crack

Wrecsam

My Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 has cracked where the neck and the body meet, i hope it's just the paint but not sure, I haven't dropped it and I take good care of it, keeping it in its atand all the time, I don't know what to do :S

Do you have a photo-hosting site such as Photobucket or

ImageShack, so you can post pics of the crack?

The LP Spec II IS a bolt-on neck, but without pics and/or a more

detailed description we're sort of stuck. Have to SEE the

damage/problem!

If you don't have pic site, post back - one of us will be able to

provide forum link on "how-to".

The LP Special II is an entry level guitar. Not a bad guitar, but not worth spending a lot of money on.

So having said that.....just play it. Don't worry about it. It's probably just a crack in the finish. And if it is, you are not going to spend the money, or do all the work required to refinish it.

If it is a crack in the wood, again, I don't think you are going to want to spend the money, time, and/or effort to fix it.

So my advice is........play it!

If it sounds good, that's all that matters. Play it till it either proves that it will hold up, or till it falls apart. Either way, just have fun playing, and don't worry about it.

No i dont have a site like that' date=' i've taken a picture[/quote']

If it's in your computer, post it as your AVATAR.

Brad is correct, it is an "entry-level" git (I have one myself),

but is it the ONLY git you have? May be just a finish flaw due to

temp/humidity - has been known to happen.

My Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 has cracked where the neck and the body meet' date=' i hope it's just the paint but not sure, I haven't dropped it and I take good care of it, keeping it in its atand all the time, I don't know what to do :S[/quote']

Just play it and don't worry about it. The neck is bolted on to the body with 4 big screws, it ain't going nowhere.

Just play it and don't worry about it. The neck is bolted on to the body with 4 big screws' date=' it ain't going nowhere.[/quote']

And besides what jerrymac said, most likely it's just the polyurethane cracking from shifts in temperature/humidity, etc.

over time. I have an NA (Natural) Sheraton II and I can see fine cracks in the finish right where the neck is glued into

the body. It's cosmetic and nothing to worry about. It doesn't affect the playability. As was said, if it plays well, don't

worry about it.

Archived