Gibson Brands Forums

STEINBERGER GM4

danielebassani

Ahh ok. And just for information' date=' I'm not TwistedWrister on the Steinberger_world forum thing. I've just requested becoming a member though. Just so there's not any confusion. I think that may be my friend that got one though.[/quote']

Must be your friend. There are not many new USA Steinbergers being sold.

Must be. There are not many new USA Steinbergers being sold.

Nope. But there's only 1 left. I'ts just not in the system yet. The one that says sold is the one that i showed you a pic of, that m friend ordered, I ordered the other clear red, an my friend ordered on of the Cherry bursts. so there's 1.

I'm not sure' date=' but is the Moses better than the other?[/quote']

Well the Fibersonixx necks were considered to be a little closer tone wise to the original Steinberger neck that did not have the truss rod. But i think they had too many quality control issues so Gibson stopped using them evidently.

Moses necks had most complaints about the fret work. I had one that you could grab a fret with your fingernail and pull the fret out with no trouble. This did not happen at first but a few months after I had it. Gibson or I probably should say Epiphone replace it. It took a couple of trips back to Nashville and one trip the volume knob got shoved through the guitar. But they did replace the body and I finally got a neck that the frets would stay in. Every new Steinberger I have (new meaning not the original neck/from MusicYo) has had high or low frets that I have had to level and sharp fret edges. In other words poor fret dressing.

So, to answer your question, it depends on which potential problem you would like best. Hopefully you will not have any. All I can tell you is my history and what I have heard through the Yahoo group. Maybe you should start a topic there or search the archives there. We have been discussing this stuff for years over there.

Well the Fibersonixx necks were considered to be a little closer tone wise to the original Steinberger neck that did not have the truss rod. But i think they had too many quality control issues so Gibson stopped using them evidently.

Moses necks had most complaints about the fret work. I had one that you could grab a fret with your fingernail and pull the fret out with no trouble. This did not happen at first but a few months after I had it. Gibson or I probably should say Epiphone replace it. It took a couple of trips back to Nashville and one trip the volume knob got shoved through the guitar. But they did replace the body and I finally got a neck that the frets would stay in. Every new Steinberger I have (new meaning not the original neck/from MusicYo) has had high or low frets that I have had to level and sharp fret edges. In other words poor fret dressing.

So' date=' to answer your question, it depends on which potential problem you would like best. Hopefully you will not have any. All I can tell you is my history and what I have heard through the Yahoo group. Maybe you should start a topic there or search the archives there. We have been discussing this stuff for years over there.[/quote']

Alright. Yes, I'm a member now (If you haven't already seen) The layout of that site is a little confusing, to be honest =S

I bought a GM-4T for $995 from MusicYo about a year ago. It was a great deal.

Quit showing off Brent. :)

Besides, you are depressing me by bringing those days up. I have 3 GM4Ts, 4 GM7TAs, and 1 GLB2T from those sales and I'd still buy more if they came up again. I only paid 900 bucks for that GLB2T. How could anyone pass that up?

Quit showing off Brent. :)

Besides' date=' you are depressing me by bringing those days up. I have 3 GM4Ts, 4 GM7TAs, and 1 GLB2T from those sales and I'd still buy more if they came up again. I only paid 900 bucks for that GLB2T. How could anyone pass that up?

[/quote']

Yeah, I got a couple of those last models with the T-Trems that were stupid cheap. The trem alone was almost worth what we paid.

Archived