Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone have a tt'd steiny they want to sell?

dick motorman

I have about 1100 bucks to go towards a new guitar' date=' and I want a GM with a trans trem more than anything. I don't care what model as long as it is a gm/m model with a transtrem, preferably black, or a dark trans color, please help me out![/quote']

The going rate is 2k~4K.

I know I posted this in the vintage steiny forum' date=' but I was unsure where else to put it, I just want to get out there that I don't specifically want a vintage one, I'd love a music yo gm.[/quote']

Even the MY GMs usually sell for more than 2k. I recently bought a GM-7T from headless research and paid 2.3k plus shipping. I know this price was on the higher end of the range for MY Steinies, but I'm not the only one who paid it. Shortly after my GM-7 there was another one with an inoperable middle pickup, which still was sold for 2.2k. You might be able to get one for less, but it's not easy to find and finally get one. I think it's more likely to find one for a good price privately than on ebay. I've been lucky with my second GM-7T, which I got this way for a much more reasonable price.

Currently there's a "clear purple" GM-4T in the headless research shop: Headless Research

One (little) chance could be the information which Andy Y. (SteinbergerWorld) recently posted to the list:

On a regular basis Epiphone has what they call "yard sales". It's

basically a flea market of stuff they want to get rid of at the

factory. Sometimes it's fully assembled but blem'd guitars. Other

times just misc. parts. If anyone is in the Nashville area they are

having their last one tomorrow. In terms of Steinberger stuff, word

is it's mostly XQ bodies and maybe some import parts - so expect to

see a bunch of this stuff on eBay next week!

Andy Y.

Text of announcement email is below:

====================================

This will be the last Yard Sale of 2008

and it will be the biggest ever!!!!!

645 Massman Drive, Nashville, TN

- rear parking lot

10:00 am Friday, Oct. 17th,

- if it rains, we will move the sale to Fri, Oct. 24th

Cash, credit card (5% surcharge), check (5% surcharge)

We will have all these great products on hand:

- Epi

- Kramer

- Steinberger

- Pro Audio – amp heads, combos, 4 x 12 cabinets

- Cases

- Maestro

- Warner Bros Teaching Videos

- and much, much, more.....

All products are priced to go!!!!!

Tell your friends – bring a truck

------------------------------------

Bernd

well thanks for the info. It's too bad even the MY's go for so much, considering that even new they barely went over 1800, I think the gm7t's where about 1700 if memory serves. But I guess I understand why they go for so much, I'll just have to keep on looking I guess.

well thanks for the info. It's too bad even the MY's go for so much' date=' considering that even new they barely went over 1800, I think the gm7t's where about 1700 if memory serves. But I guess I understand why they go for so much, I'll just have to keep on looking I guess.[/quote']

Yes, the new ones were priced at 1,799. I've been waiting for about two years (while constantly monitoring the MY website) for the guitar to be in stock. Which never happened. So I was more than happy to find one on ebay with a "buy it now" button. At that time the Euro/US$ exchange rate was quite inviting for such a deal :-)

Bernd

Yes' date=' the new ones were priced at 1,799. I've been waiting for about two years (while constantly monitoring the MY website) for the guitar to be in stock. Which never happened. So I was more than happy to find one on ebay with a "buy it now" button. At that time the Euro/US$ exchange rate was quite inviting for such a deal :-)

Bernd[/quote']

Yeah, well I'll get one someday, haha. Thanks again for the help.

OK apart from EVH' date=' name a mainstream track that requires the TT to play and was recorded with it.[/quote']

I'm But A Wave To... by Cynic. But why does this matter at all? I don't care who used it, or who didn't use it, I want one because I will use it, I want a trans trem because i want a trans trem.

I'm But A Wave To... by Cynic. But why does this matter at all? I don't care who used it' date=' or who didn't use it, I want one because I will use it, I want a trans trem because i want a trans trem.[/quote']

I'm only trying to point out that you could get a real Steinberger with an R trem for less than 1K and that you would be paying 2K more for something that is only of marginal use. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with you wanting one (I got 2) just don't pass on a great GR4 if you can find one . 99 % of TT equipped guitars are owned by people who can't calibrate them or have lost the arm LOL.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Have n old steinberger made in newburgh my home town. square white in original soft steinberger bag. the guitar is absolutly mint and has about 8 hours on it. all original and serial number below 100. since you guys know all about it, my question is this, is this guitar worth holding onto or ya think it will max out on its value and not worth the effort holding onto it forever. any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey Guys' date='

Have n old steinberger made in newburgh my home town. square white in original soft steinberger bag. the guitar is absolutly mint and has about 8 hours on it. all original and serial number below 100. since you guys know all about it, my question is this, is this guitar worth holding onto or ya think it will max out on its value and not worth the effort holding onto it forever. any help is greatly appreciated. [/quote']

Pics Pics Pics.

No serial number on a guitar is below a hundred ?

A mint white GL $5K and up

• 2 weeks later...

serial #6000 range working on pics having trouble downloading. sorry about the incorrect number. should of checked and looked more carefully before opening my mouth. tend to do that time to time. after blowing the dust off it appears to be a gl4 i , white. pics will be up shortly. wife found out value and so the story goes. watching another gl4 on ebay seeing if its going to be sold for $5k. still cant believe the worth value. thanks eagle

Used examples have regularly gone for $4.5K so I don't see why you wouldn't get $5K but with the economy down the toilet it will be less predictable .

Make sure you post plenty of sharp hi res close ups in your Ebay ad to get everybody salivating(worth 20%+ in the final price achieved.)

Archived