Gibson Brands Forums

Synapse SS-2F String Buzzing

alexr

Hi Guys,

I purchased a new SS-2F a couple of months back. everything seems ok except I notice that the high 'e' (bottom string) buzzes, this results in a "twang" sort of sound when the 'E' string is plucked or strummed. Because of this there is also less sustain on the string.

Firstly, I have not touched a single adjustment of the guitar since receiving it, so I assume the action, intonation etc was set in the factory and shouldn't need touching (so the manual says)? This guitar I believe ships with .10-.46 gauge strings and was adjusted for this in the factory. I have replaced the original strings with .10-.46 gauge la bella double ball strings (as the strings that came with it broke instantly as soon as i did a bend on the high 'e'.

The buzz seems to be emanating from where the saddle is. Sometimes if i apply a small amount of pressure to the saddle and strum the high 'e', it sounds as it should, without the buzzing or twang. Is there some adjustment to counter this problem?

I believe I have solved it. The sadle locking nut on the side of the bridge was loose! It was completely open, causing the sadles to be free to move. Tightened it and it seems to have remedied the problem. Why did they leave it loose after manufacturing it? :/

• 4 months later...
Glad you found a solution. Sometimes using a different type of string helps' date=' you might give yourself more string options by buying an adapter over at www.GuitarSend.com for $39

[/quote']

Thats two guitars with built in string adapters that your trying to sell an adapter for that won't fit .[angry]

Is that your website by any chance or are you just an idiot.[angry]

Archived