Gibson Brands Forums

what do you think?

xdistancex

haha nice responses!

as i said there is more to the story, i know this guy personally, and he is a very egotistical type, has a BEAUTIFUL collection of Gibsons, or so i thought for years, my band shared a practice space with his band and one of my best friends played guitar for them, using the specific guitar for sale, one day i started to notice slight things about the guitars that just seemed off, and he was "getting deals" for other people as well, so i told my friend that was in his band, that i suspected his guitars were fakes, so one night we went and did some inspection and turns out that all but one or 2 of them were all fake, including the 2 he had gotten for my guitarist! I always wondered why he changed hardware and pickups everytime he got a new one, but he had an elaborate story about them being like factory seconds or blems, so they just got whatever hardware was laying around in them, and sold for super cheap. i knew there was something wrong, so i told my old guitarist as well to look at his and showed him the gibson how to spot a fake and a couple sites where you can buy fakes and he realized his 2 were fake, and now doesnt play them, he still has them cause he wont sell them, but they dont get played out now haha but he wont say anything to they guy because he knows the fight it would start if he were to "accuse" this guy of something like that, as i said he is one of those guys!

so this guy has since moved on and started to buy real Gibson SGs and only plays those at shows now, which is why im not surprised that he is selling some of his Fibson lus pouls!

some people are just plain F-ed up! I'm really glad i spotted that before i had him get me one of those great Gibson deals he was able to get! hahahaha

Archived