Gibson Brands Forums

morpheus drop tune pedal...

S t e v e

i was thinking to get one as iv'e heard nothing but good things about it, at the moment if i want to play in a certain key then i have to pick up a guitar that is set up for it...but with this i could have them all in standard tuning! and use the morphius to tune down [wink]

My link

Steve the Variax does the same thing; there is one small problem with this technology. At a lower volume when your playing your ears will hear the notes from the guitar and the amp and it will mess with you. It does me allot when I do the software transposing on the guitar rather than the actual tuning. Other than that its all good. The tracking on the Variax (same people did both) is fantastic and the lower registers sound frigging mint.

have you tryed the morpheus then? the pedal is cheaper than a new guitar so [biggrin]

any pics of your variax? B)

i was thinking to get one as iv'e heard nothing but good things about it, at the moment if i want to play in a certain key then i have to pick up a guitar that is set up for it...but with this i could have them all in standard tuning! and use the morphius to tune down [wink]

My link

The Morpheus Drop Tune does not do alternate tunings, all it does is drop the pitch of all the strings down together in half-pitch increments. If you're looking for something that does alternate tunings, the Variax that guitarest mentioned or one of the Gibson Robots are probably what you want to be looking at.

The Morpheus Drop Tune does not do alternate tunings, all it does is drop the pitch of all the strings down together in half-pitch increments. If you're looking for something that does alternate tunings, the Variax that guitarest mentioned or one of the Gibson Robots are probably what you want to be looking at.

hi rich, well basicly i don't want nothing fancy but just so i can drop down to c and b without the hassle of fitting heavy strings and setting up one perticular guitar [biggrin]

hi rich, well basicly i don't want nothing fancy but just so i can drop down to c and b without the hassle of fitting heavy strings and setting up one perticular guitar [biggrin]

That should do it then. I haven't tried the Morpheus but was pretty into the idea of getting one a while back and did a bunch of research. From what I heard in various videos (not the best source for audio quality) is that it sounds great in front of an overdriven amp and pretty good with a clean amp. I ended up never getting around to checking one out in person let alone buying one simply because I didn't have a clear purpose for it - but that's me.

Here ya go Steve

DSCF1057.JPG

I have heard great stuff also but Rich does bring up a great point. Again if your sensitive about tuning (as most guitar players are) then your ears will pick up whats being played on the guitar and and you will notice the difference of whats coming out of the amp. Thats the only problem with this type of tuning...

that's quiet a nice looking guitar [thumbup]

I have one. Its good when playing clean but not perfect, non-musicians would never tell the difference but you will. It has a very slight chorus-like warble (best description I could come up with)when I use it through my Bogner Alchemist, I don't know why but its less noticable through my Pocket POD and headphones. When using distortion its exceptional, you'll never know its there apart from the change in pitch. It has a mini USB socket so you can get free software updates from Morpheus' website. I did and it was noticably better with the update. Hope that helps.

I have one. Its good when playing clean but not perfect, non-musicians would never tell the difference but you will. It has a very slight chorus-like warble (best description I could come up with)when I use it through my Bogner Alchemist, I don't know why but its less noticable through my Pocket POD and headphones. When using distortion its exceptional, you'll never know its there apart from the change in pitch. It has a mini USB socket so you can get free software updates from Morpheus' website. I did and it was noticably better with the update. Hope that helps.

yea thanks for that, defo on my next to buy list [thumbup]

Archived