Gibson Brands Forums

Price of a LP Traditional ?

Nic LP

Hi guys. I would like to know the cost of a Les Paul Traditional in the US, I mean not the price on the tag, but the real bargained price that you guys actually pay (sales taxes excluded) to get the thing out of the store...

Thanks again.

Anywhere in the range of 0% to 40% off. From your other threads, it looks like you're only going to Guitar Center and the 48th St music stores in NYC; is that right? If you are, I wouldn't expect any discounts. GC is notorious for not negotiating and Rudy's/Sam Ash are right in the heart of tourist-filled Manhattan. Why would Sam Ash sell you a guitar at a discount when the next tourist will pay full price? Think about it - they live off tourists. How many people say they want to go to NYC and buy a guitar. LOTS!

I tried buying a ($3,700) Gibson R8 from Sam Ash last year and they wouldn't budge on the price. I told the employee I know what they sell for and he told me exactly what I just wrote. Basically: "We're not going to sell it to you at a discount when the next person that walks in that door will pay full price."

A local store, marked price was $1899, but I usually get a good discount too.

Thanks so much guys. Now I know what to say to my sale man who try to make me swallow that 2100$ + tax is a good price !

Nic

Archived