Gibson Brands Forums

ES 335 Seth Lover PU

autodex

My experience is that humbuckers are not all that fussy about strings.

It's probably more a question of what kind of tone you are after and the style of music you play.

The only pickup/string combo that I am a bit careful with is flatwounds on small bobbin single coils.

RN

My experience is that humbuckers are not all that fussy about strings.

It's probably more a question of what kind of tone you are after and the style of music you play.

The only pickup/string combo that I am a bit careful with is flatwounds on small bobbin single coils.

RN

I have a 339 with Seth Lover pickups. They were put in so I could split the coils.. I guess Seymore Duncan bought the old bobbin winder from Gibson and he winds the Seth Lover pickups with it. Seth Lover being the Pat Applied Guy.

I use Daddario 10`s on my 339. I use Ernie Ball 10`s on my Fenders. The 10`s on my 339 feel like 9`s because of the shorter scale. KDR

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 339 with Seth Lover pickups. They were put in so I could split the coils.. I guess Seymore Duncan bought the old bobbin winder from Gibson and he winds the Seth Lover pickups with it. Seth Lover being the Pat Applied Guy.

I use Daddario 10`s on my 339. I use Ernie Ball 10`s on my Fenders. The 10`s on my 339 feel like 9`s because of the shorter scale. KDR

KDRR, are you happy with these in your guitar? I'm struggling between Bare Knuckle "Stormy Mondays", SD Steh Lovers and Gibson Classic '57. My 335 currently has Bill Lawrence which to me ae "muddy"....

KDRR, are you happy with these in your guitar? I'm struggling between Bare Knuckle "Stormy Mondays", SD Steh Lovers and Gibson Classic '57. My 335 currently has Bill Lawrence which to me ae "muddy"....

Yes I am , the truth be told I never heard the Classic 57 pickups that would of come with the 339 orginally since I bought the 339 used. But the SL sound great and I can split the coils which is a cool thing. Plenty of twang too. I have a tele for that but I was pleased that the 339 covered as many bases as it does.

I never liked 335`s because of their body size. KDR

Archived