Gibson Brands Forums

Alex Lifeson Signature Axcess

ron2112

Here is an image of the brochure handed out at NAMM. It is barely to almost legible... I lifted it off of eBay and so I can't provide anything better. It appears the last sentence says something to the effect of "Limited run of 50 signed unites (25 of each color) then regular run units"

So, who knows, it may not even be limited to 1,500.post-14747-042659300 1296682246_thumb.jpg

What I was told from the Canadian distributor was Alex and Gibson have agreement on producton for 5 years of 300 guitars per year. The first batch will be signed of 50 (25 each colour). I was sent that brochure if you want me to send it to you I can I have it in a pdf. The regular run is 300 units a year.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I was told from the Canadian distributor was Alex and Gibson have agreement on producton for 5 years of 300 guitars per year. The first batch will be signed of 50 (25 each colour). I was sent that brochure if you want me to send it to you I can I have it in a pdf. The regular run is 300 units a year.

Yeah, that would be awesome if you could scan it and post a pdf on here or send it to me, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Still no official announcement on this even though they showed the guitar at NAMM over a month ago and told my dealer they would be making them in February?

Very odd. Come on, Gibson, give us some details!

Classic!! 12 hours after you post Gibson releases the interview and details on the guitar... that's kinda funny...

When SolitaryPine speaks, Gibson jumps! Lol, seriously I wonder if I had something to do with it, only because they web pages describing the guitar are littered with typos, like they were trying to rush it out (pun intended). It's like somebody read my post and went "Oh, geez, I was supposed to proof read and put this up weeks ago! I better just put it up now and proof read it later!"

Interesting thing in the photos: the brown one is serial number AL 001, and the crimson one is AL 003.

Um, Gibson, did it occur to you to use a different serial number scheme than the Lifeson ES 355s? Lol. I wonder if I will get an Axcess with serial number AL 253, and have two Gibson guitars with the exact same serial number? lol.

When SolitaryPine speaks, Gibson jumps! Lol, seriously I wonder if I had something to do with it, only because they web pages describing the guitar are littered with typos, like they were trying to rush it out (pun intended). It's like somebody read my post and went "Oh, geez, I was supposed to proof read and put this up weeks ago! I better just put it up now and proof read it later!"

Interesting thing in the photos: the brown one is serial number AL 001, and the crimson one is AL 003.

Um, Gibson, did it occur to you to use a different serial number scheme than the Lifeson ES 355s? Lol. I wonder if I will get an Axcess with serial number AL 253, and have two Gibson guitars with the exact same serial number? lol.

Oh ya good point... I guess it doesnt matter as its two different guitars. I did notice in the description page, beside his signature they have the man in the star but the man in the star isnt on the truss rod cover... that would have been killer and the instant buying feature for me! lol

btw can't believe the people freaking out about the price... do they not understand that its a list price and not the street price? jeez

Man... I would love to have that guitar... In any color. Still a little to pricey for me, but it is an awesome guitar. I have been a rush fan for years. I hope I get to play one at G.C.

Th epi pro/fx is the best I will be able to do. I hope epi makes a version.

Guitar Center's web site is listing the guitar as "just arrived" but when you try to add it to a shopping cart is says it's "due 2/25/11."

The Musician's Friend web site is accepting "pre-orders" and listing it as available 2/25 if you add it to a shopping cart.

I've just emailed Wildwood.. we'll see. I have a gig on 2/25 and would love to play a Rush song on it at a gig for it's first song!

Guitar Center's web site is listing the guitar as "just arrived" but when you try to add it to a shopping cart is says it's "due 2/25/11."

The Musician's Friend web site is accepting "pre-orders" and listing it as available 2/25 if you add it to a shopping cart.

I've just emailed Wildwood.. we'll see. I have a gig on 2/25 and would love to play a Rush song on it at a gig for it's first song!

my contact says the guitars aren't built yet.... so don't count on this date. They were hoping to have them built by first quarter at the earliest...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let me just say that I got mine yesterday morning and never playing an axcess before I was blown away. I got the royal crimson and it's beautiful! The neck is nice and beefy and the weight is there... Believe me!

I plugged it intonmy h&k trilogy and the tone was amazing. Nice thick full sound. Nthr piezo sounds fantastic and the push/pull pickups are just awesome. All of Al''s tone can be reached on this guitar as well as probably any tone you want.

LovIng this guitar!!!

Does anyone know what the shipping story is on these? I see some posts from people who have received theirs. I cracked open my piggy bank and ordered a Royal Crimson a couple of weeks ago, the dealer was thinking it would ship last week, and no news much less guitar. Guitar Center has been showing them as "in stock" but I've seen others who say that's a bit misleading. But since some people are getting theirs, I'm wondering why mine's not coming. Anyone have any insight?

Btw, I played the Alex LP at NAMM in January and it is a very comfortable guitar. I never got to plug it in and can't wait to do that.

Let me just say that I got mine yesterday morning and never playing an axcess before I was blown away. I got the royal crimson and it's beautiful! The neck is nice and beefy and the weight is there... Believe me!

I plugged it intonmy h&k trilogy and the tone was amazing. Nice thick full sound. Nthr piezo sounds fantastic and the push/pull pickups are just awesome. All of Al''s tone can be reached on this guitar as well as probably any tone you want.

LovIng this guitar!!!

I'm really considering buying this guitar. I'm wondering about the slim taper d neck. Is it well suited for players with smaller hands? I play a PRS CE 24 now.

I love the design of this guitar and the viceroy brown. I play a lot of rush. I have a gk 250 ml solid state amp Alex used to endorse/play on before GK went strickly bass.

I'm also considering the line 6 hd50 1x12 and the hd300 effects board to go with. I play casually as a hobby but want to upgrade my stuff.

Maybe guitar center will have one to play but not yet apparently.

Thanks. I hope you can persuade me. I've been thinking about this a lot and it's driving me crazy. The cloud of Alex hangs over me. I passed on the es 355 (which was a mistake I'm sure) and I'm not sure I want to pass on this one. Although, I do hear there will be more quantity of this guitar available which wouldn't make it as valuable down the road as the es-335? Just speculating. I wonder how much this guitar is marked up just because it is a signature guitar?

Thanks for any comments...especially on this guitar. And, long live Rush of course!

I'm really considering buying this guitar. I'm wondering about the slim taper d neck. Is it well suited for players with smaller hands? I play a PRS CE 24 now.

I love the design of this guitar and the viceroy brown. I play a lot of rush. I have a gk 250 ml solid state amp Alex used to endorse/play on before GK went strickly bass.

I'm also considering the line 6 hd50 1x12 and the hd300 effects board to go with. I play casually as a hobby but want to upgrade my stuff.

Maybe guitar center will have one to play but not yet apparently.

Thanks. I hope you can persuade me. I've been thinking about this a lot and it's driving me crazy. The cloud of Alex hangs over me. I passed on the es 355 (which was a mistake I'm sure) and I'm not sure I want to pass on this one. Although, I do hear there will be more quantity of this guitar available which wouldn't make it as valuable down the road as the es-335? Just speculating. I wonder how much this guitar is marked up just because it is a signature guitar?

Thanks for any comments...especially on this guitar. And, long live Rush of course!

I suggest you go to any dealer and try a regular Axcess. Most guitar centers have them. The only differences between a regular Axcess and this one are 1) this one has a GraphTech Ghost Floyd Rose with Piezo pickups (and dual output jacks), 2) the colors, 3) the truss rod cover and case with Al's signature on them, and 4) a different serial number scheme. EDIT: I forgot to add 5) the pickup covers. Another EDIT: The tremolo block has been upgraded to a brass one for more weight and sustain.

Read this thread for a discussion of the numbers to be produced. I agree, the Lifeson ES 355 will be worth more as an investment (unless you have one of the 50 signed Lifeson Axcesses), but you'll have to find a used 355 and pay the current market price for it, which is undoubtedly more than you would pay for the new Axcess (with warranty). I believe you'll find the neck on this guitar is not as thick and beefy as the 355, but I haven't received my Axcess yet so I can't say for sure.

I believe you'll find the neck on this guitar is not as thick and beefy as the 355, but I haven't received my Axcess yet so I can't say for sure.

That would be interesting - my Lifeson ES-355 has a much slimmer & thinner neck than my Axcess Standard. You will have to keep us posted on this.

To those of you who have a new Lifeson Axcess - let's see 'em! Start posting some pix here!

Archived