Gibson Brands Forums

My antique red 339 is on the way!

CoolBritannia

Fingers crossed it's a good one!

Anyone else loving their 339?

congrats on the new axe. i have the cherry 339 as well. i find that its a good gigging guitar because it can do the LP and 335 thing fairly well. i will always be a Les Paul guy first and foremost, but it's nice to have a good alternative when i don't want to take my R9 out. for the price, the 339 is an excellent value. post pics when you get her!

I have a red one too. Mine has the 59 neck.Here is a picture. I took the pickguard off. And then I put it back on then take it off again. Its off at the moment. My 339 has Seth Lover pickups in it so I can split the coils. Makes the 339 more useful than it already is.

In Sept of 07 a Friend of mine ordered a Red 339 , when he got it, the neck pickup ring was broke and he couldn`t intonate the Low E string. He sent the 339 back and got another one in about 2 weeks. Thats the one I have now. While he owned it he put in Seth Lover pickups to split the coils. He was playing out but he needed a Les Paul. I had one and we traded and I got his 339. There is a small picture , I took off the pickguard for the time being. But he did say that the 339 was ready to go right out of the case. I`m happy to hear yours it too. Keith

Archived