Gibson Brands Forums

EPI SG Zakk Wylde Bullseye

buliwyf

I dont know how many of you bought the white Epi SG with the Zakk Wylde PU's and electronics in it but for $399.00 about a year ago, I couldnt resist.From what I looked up just the ZW PU's and all the elec.goes for around $200.00 so for me it was well worth it to get the guitar for a great price and I hardly ever saw a Epi SG in white.Gotta say it came in perfect shape even the set up was right on and if you like an EMG 81 and 85 you would love the sound from this SG.

I've always liked Zakk from his first album with Ozzy (IMO Ozzy always had the absolute best guitarist playing for him).I also liked and wanted an EPI ZW LP but I didnt like the passive PU's to much (everyone to their own)so I didnt but it.

I kept playing and looking at my White SG and was on Ebay and a seller had some stencils to create the bullseye look on a guitar (yes so far it's still a stencil)I had to take off all the hardware and cut the stencils to size but i think it came out pretty dam good and I dont think there,s many around.I dont have to many pictures and most are together with my Iommi Epi SG,here's a few.

2063403990043544858S425x425Q85.jpg

2494010220043544858S425x425Q85.jpg

2723817540043544858S425x425Q85.jpg

In some of the places I've played in, a few of the customers would consider that bulls eye a challenge. ;-)

Notes ♫

Thats why Zakk had the bulls eye painted on his Les Paul to begin with. He knew the Randy Rhodes fans wouldn't stop throwing bottles at him for playing a white LP Custom like Randy did so he gave them something to aim at.

Archived