Gibson Brands Forums

What Did You Do This Summer?

Artie Owl

Played guitars. Played with the Grandkids. Remodeled the bathroom.

We had all the family in for my Dad's 75th Birthday Bash. Family, friends, Mom's excellent cooking and a guitar jam around the fire at night.

Went to Niagara Falls for a beautiful vacation with my beautiful wife. I hadn't been to the falls in 43 years and still as awesome as I remember.

Went back to back nights to see Sir Paul open our new hockey arena. You realize how good you're not, as he moves effortlessly from one instrument to the next, playing and singing and still enjoying himself. I know folks in here like to rip him but he along with his bandmates were like my music teachers growing up. They made me pick up a guitar and those records taught me so many things.

Finally to end the summer with a bang I'm going to see Rush next week. Should be another great show.

Retired in January so had a lot of free time this summer spent 10 days this spring in Paris and the spent a few weeks down in Mexico selling a home we had there, I don't want anything to do with Mexico anymore and I especially don't want to own real property in mexico anymore. Than I just spent the last 10 days in Maui looking to possible buy a second home there.

Retired in January so had a lot of free time this summer spent 10 days this spring in Paris and the spent a few weeks down in Mexico selling a home we had there, I don't want anything to do with Mexico anymore and I especially don't want to own real property in mexico anymore. Than I just spent the last 10 days in Maui looking to possible buy a second home there.

Congrats on the retirement retro! eusa_clap.gif Any chance we all can fly out to the new Maui house for a pacific jam.

Archived