Gibson Brands Forums

A new playmate for Angelina

Silverbursted

Spent the afternoon at Bizarre Guitar today. I took Angelina in for a checkup, and Bob restrung her. Decided to try out some lighter strings. Never played .09's before, but I think I really like them. Bends are nearly effortless. So while I was in there, waiting for her to be finished up, I checked out some amps. Currently I am playing through a Roland Cube, that sounds OK. I knew I did not want to go for the paint removal power of a 100 watter with 412 cab, so I focused on combo tube amps less than 50 watts. So I was puttering around on the Marshall MG (yuk), Peavey Triple X (Pretty fair), and finally a VOX AD30VT. Pretty sweet little amp, it has a 12AX7 preamp, and at the same time it models a whole bunch of amps, and has built it effects. The coolest part of this amp is that there is a power potentiometer that allows you to adjust the power from 1 watt up to the full 30!!! So it will sound just as good at low volume as it does cranked.

Here's Angelina, she sure is purdy. She sounds great through her new VOX. Has anyone tried one of these yet?

20080802_2261.jpg

I took Angelina in for a checkup' date=' and Bob restrung her. [/quote']

Bob restrung your guitar?

BOB?

THE OWNER HIMSELF???

Damn, you're in tight at Bizarre!!!

Not jealous or anything.....

I knew I did not want to go for the paint removal power of a 100 watter with 412 cab

Light weight...

Girlie Man!!!

:-)

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

Nope.

But I DID get the pic of your "company car" today.

Thanks SB!

I see you were on the Fender guitar/combo amp side of the store.

Gives an idea how big the place is....

Here's a few pics, scroll down.

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=5696&p=2

Actually Mike did, while Bob regaled us with stories of his gig last night, and the mother daughter team and all the beads. I'm going to leave it that, he'll fill you in on the rest. ](*,)

But I DID get the pic of your "company car" today.

Thanks again, sorry I missed you.

I was gonna say.....

Mike restrings and sets up all Bob's guitars before his gigs.

Built in guitar tech, second to none. Mike kicks ***!

Bob is a riot when he's "on" and he's on ten all the time!

Very interesting old fart...

Yeah, I never get tired of his tales of valour and courage, slaying dragons and rescuing damsels in distress....

Seriously, I've heard alot about those little Vox amps but I've never plugged into one.

I would like to add a couple old ones to my Fantasy Collection, AC-30 and such...

How did it stack up against the Blues Jr.? Did you compare 'em?

Just wondering, since I have one of them - primarily because it's the little brother to my Hot Rod DeVille 2x12.

I saw that wall of Strats

That's probably only half of them.

The top row (out of sight) is loaded with Gretsch, Rickenbacker, Gibson & Guild hollowbodies, and some vintage stuff.

And yes, SB, you need a bigger house.

Swing by the NeoCon Compound if you ever get this far out into the desert, see what I did to cope with space constraints.

If you bring the company car, you can park right across the road.

No powerlines or F.O.D. concerns beyond sand and sagebrush.

Cool pic.

SB' date=' I have no idea what you wrote. As soon as I saw that wall of Strats, G.A.S hit me hard.

That's it, I'm getting one this week...thanks a lot![/quote']

Hahaha, thats twice I did that to you. I think you girl is going to send Cuda after me if we keep this up.

Archived