Gibson Brands Forums

New Amp Day

ocdman

The UPS guy just dropped off my new amp. It is a Jet City 20 Watt tube combo amp. I will take pictures and post them when I get through messing around with it. It sounds pretty good right now. Its bigger and louder than I thought.I'm used to a Marshall so this is something new to me.I did by some JJ's to put in it but I haven't done that yet.

I picked up the same amp last month, I really like it. I had considered replacing the tubes prior to getting it, but it sounds fine with it's existing china tubes. I left the amp on for 48hrs, between standby and on while playing it. I'll continue to play on the existing tubes for awhile and see how it goes. The tone sounds fine to me. Rugged little amp.

Loud enough to cut through drums & bass at rehearsal?

I have played with a drummer with mine and cut thru just fine.

I use my main rig at rehearsal, so can't answer if it's loud enough to cut over drums, bass, a 2nd guitar and vocals.

It does get pretty loud tho. You could always mic it to your PA if needed.

I got mine only with intentions of using it as a "kick about" amp to jam with friends and not have to lug my big crap around.

I have played with a drummer with mine and cut thru just fine.

I use my main rig at rehearsal, so can't answer if it's loud enough to cut over drums, bass, a 2nd guitar and vocals.

It does get pretty loud tho. You could always mic it to your PA if needed.

I got mine only with intentions of using it as a "kick about" amp to jam with friends and not have to lug my big crap around.

If the drummer can hear you, bass player can hear you, and you can hear you then I guess it does ok.

Just picked up a JCA20H last night. Love it so far.

I've been looking to put together home rig since the band just moved in to a rehearsal space. Months of moving in and out of places trying to practice has put an end to my wanting to lug my performance rig around. I've been watching a lot of video reviews of a lot of different amps, and after hearing about them here, Jet City was certainly on my radar.

Went in and played a bunch of lower wattage amps and then I saw they had this sitting around. Plugged in and dug it immediately. It's now sitting at home running through a little closed back Marshall 1x12 cab. Itching to get a 2x12 for it, neighbors be damned. :-D

Archived