Gibson Brands Forums

epi wildkat

turtle

hey guys, just want an honest opinion> im thinking of purchasing an epiphone wildkat> saw one at a local music store for 350. the only problem with the guitar are the jack is a little noisey and the master volume on the lower horn is crackely> im experienced with wiring a guitar and been doing so for over 15 years so not an issue> realistically wondering what i should offer> note: there is a store inspection tag that says everything is ok so im thinking the store did not know about these issues> great sounding p90s awsome! action is so low that it literally plays itself> all other aspects are incredible> i was really suprised when picking up to play

hey guys, just want an honest opinion> im thinking of purchasing an epiphone wildkat> saw one at a local music store for 350. the only problem with the guitar are the jack is a little noisey and the master volume on the lower horn is crackely> im experienced with wiring a guitar and been doing so for over 15 years so not an issue> realistically wondering what i should offer> note: there is a store inspection tag that says everything is ok so im thinking the store did not know about these issues> great sounding p90s awsome! action is so low that it literally plays itself> all other aspects are incredible> i was really suprised when picking up to play

Did you tell someone at the store about the problems you detected while playing it? If not, I'd do so and try to get it for $300 maybe? Seems like that would be a good deal if you can fix the problems yourself. Wildkats are cool guitars. It all depends on how much the people at the store are willing to haggle. Good luck!

Thanks I have a fender standard strat that's literally brand new(still has stickers and plastic pickgaurd shield). A customer of mine sold it to me cheap because he bought it and NEVER played it. He was gonna take guitar lessons and never did so. I'm going to trade that I think. I was thinking 300 but wasn't sure. I don't know the significance of the guitar. It is really cool though. Ill tell u this guitar plays amazing. It really got my attention.

worst guitar i ever owned in my opinion. i had many many problems that either the factory OR my local luthier could handle, including a neck that finally seperated from the body, shattering the wood on either side of the glue joint (there was maybe a 1/4" wide strip of glue holding the neck on) i most likely got a lemon from Epiphone as that was the only bad epiphone i ever owned, but take my review with a grain of salt.

Thanks I have a fender standard strat that's literally brand new(still has stickers and plastic pickgaurd shield). A customer of mine sold it to me cheap because he bought it and NEVER played it. He was gonna take guitar lessons and never did so. I'm going to trade that I think. I was thinking 300 but wasn't sure. I don't know the significance of the guitar. It is really cool though. Ill tell u this guitar plays amazing. It really got my attention.

that strat standard is worth alot more than 300. they sell for 499 new at many of the online retailers.

Ok went o store to get. It would be my mint strat still in literally brand new condition for the epi wildkat I took a better look at today that is a little beat up. Has an epiphone bridge instead of bigby(bigsby style). And would have to put in another 60 bucks..........? Still I will play this more but the strat is in great condition. Am I taking a loss.

Ok went o store to get. It would be my mint strat still in literally brand new condition for the epi wildkat I took a better look at today that is a little beat up. Has an epiphone bridge instead of bigby(bigsby style). And would have to put in another 60 bucks..........? Still I will play this more but the strat is in great condition. Am I taking a loss.

It all depends on which guitar you like more. We can all add the prices, but you are the one with the guitars in your hand.

I know the Wildkat I tried out was a really nice playing guitar.

I also own a Strat. I wouldn't trade my Strat for the Wildkat, but if a good deal came up on a Wildkat I'd be hard pressed not to jump all over it.

Archived