Gibson Brands Forums

This one is hard!!!!!

Theroodhy

Hi

Im wondering if it usefull to buy a used marshall jcm 900 head, and another jcm 800 cabinet, to use them together. (They are from different sellers). Or is it nor good to buy them used. Iv got a Marshall class 5, and in the begining i wanted to buy a cabinet for that. But the head is cheaper than i tought. What should i do ??

Hi

Im wondering if it usefull to buy a used marshall jcm 900 head, and another jcm 800 cabinet, to use them together. (They are from different sellers). Or is it nor good to buy them used. Iv got a Marshall class 5, and in the begining i wanted to buy a cabinet for that. But the head is cheaper than i tought. What should i do ??

IMO Marshalls are built like the proverbial outhouse made of bricks. Unless the JCM 900 head or cab is REALLY beat to heck, both should be ok. I would take a used Marshall JCM head or cab over about anything new. Speaking from experience BTW, not just stuff I read on the interwebs. Good luck.

Hi there...common sense prevails as ever !! It could be a good deal...helps if you can establish history/usage etc. Outward condition to start with...what age and has it been retubed...are there receipts for servicing? Beware stuff that seems too cheap, and of course no crime has been committed along the line...an original purchase receipt would be ideal.....Good Luck !!

Hi there...common sense prevails as ever !! It could be a good deal...helps if you can establish history/usage etc. Outward condition to start with...what age and has it been retubed...are there receipts for servicing? Beware stuff that seems too cheap, and of course no crime has been committed along the line...an original purchase receipt would be ideal.....Good Luck !!

Now that's thorough. B)

Archived