Gibson Brands Forums

2nd recording - two more tracks.

EuroAussie

Hi Folks,

As some of you might know Ive got a new vocal partner and we are currently working on tracks that we would like to play out live.

We've only been together as a partnerships for some 3 weeks. We recorded one sample couple weeks ago, today we had our second session.

We recorded two tracks. Both one track takes, completely dry straight into the 'snowball' USB mike.

Track 1: Fall at your feet: Crowded House. Dry recording except we added a hint of echo / reverb to the end recording. Normally there would be vocal harmonies during the chorus but were not quite there yet with this level, well im not :-)

Track 2: Times like These: Foo Fighters. Recorded in a smaller room, completely dry.

http://www.reverbnation.com/taylorprague

Both were recorded on my Country Western, straight into the Snowball mike.

We're still finding our way together, hence your feedback and suggestions would be very welcome.

cheers.

Mark

Hey EuroAussie, that looks like my set list! :blink:

Can't play it yet as I'm at work as the IT police won't allow it. Looking forward to hearing your versions. They are 2 songs which have their difficulties so very interested to hear your take on them.

Keep 'em coming mate.

Well you cant help good taste AJ ;-) Told you I would pinch an idea or two from you. Let me know your thoughts when you had a listen would be good to discuss arrangements especially since you guys also perform these two tracks. cheers.

Hey EuroAussie, that looks like my set list! :blink:

Can't play it yet as I'm at work as the IT police won't allow it. Looking forward to hearing your versions. They are 2 songs which have their difficulties so very interested to hear your take on them.

Keep 'em coming mate.

Well you cant help good taste AJ ;-) Told you I would pinch an idea or two from you. Let me know your thoughts when you had a listen would be good to discuss arrangements especially since you guys also perform these two tracks. cheers.

Hey EuroAussie! You had two ego strokes. So, yea, like you're welcome. [thumbdn]

Eh?

I dont quite get it either. I was actually complementing your musical taste, and reason why i pinched an idea. BTW: teh website where ive posted the tracks looks like has had a meltdown, so im going to move it another online mp3 site - with an extra bonus track !

I dont quite get it either. I was actually complementing your musical taste, and reason why i pinched an idea. BTW: teh website where ive posted the tracks looks like has had a meltdown, so im going to move it another online mp3 site - with an extra bonus track !

No, me neither. Just a misunderstanding I'm sure.

I tried to have a listen last night, but no joy from that site.

Preview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks,

It seems the mp3 website that I had the previous tracks had a complete meltdown and was not able to play anyones tracks for past 48 hours.

I moved the tracks to another, better and shinier mp3 site where you can access the tracks, hopefully with no hiccups this time.

But ... I added an extra track - Blue on Black by Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

It was part of the tracks we recorded at the last session but i was not happy with the guitar as i sat too far from the mike and it frankly souneded a bit thin. But i cheated a little in post after having another listen and just slight amplified the whole track.

I think it sounds better now, although i still think i need to play with a sharper attack. Might try a thicker pick next time or playing closer to the bridge.

However i wanted to share this track because i think my partner nailed the vocals, and I wanted to do it justice and release it here.

Anyway, look forward to your comments and suggestions, were still gelling, its been some 3 weeks together now as a partnership.

cheers.

EuroAussie:

Just so there is no,"eh?". Myself and albertjohn, had a compliment for the EuroAussie. abertjohn, you are acknowledged; I don't get a word. That is all I meant. All too often we ask for advice or opinion and then don't even bother to thank those who supply such. My comment was complimentary and the first of only two replies. EuoAussie, it's known as being polite to each other. If seven or eight people had answered your post and you responded to only one, I would not have thought a thing of the matter. But when I am one of only two who offer encouragement and you don't say 'thanks', that doesn't feel right. Clear enough?

Yes, fair enough Hall. I genuinely do appreciate your and everybodys feedback, especially as were in the early stages of our development and all encouragement and critique is very welcome. I appologise otherwise.

I think to be honest i got a bit frustrated that the website had a meltdown and forgot to do the obvious. :mellow:

Hope this will not put you off from further feedback, and point taken.

cheers.

Mark

euroaussie:

So there is no,"eh?". Myself and albertjohn, had a compliment for the euroaussie. abertjohn, you are acknowledged; I don't get a word. That is all I meant. All too often we ask for advice or opinion and then don't even bother to thank those who supply such. My comment was complimentary and the first of only two replies. euoaussie, it's known as being polite to each other. If seven or eight people had answered your post and you responded to only one, I would not have thought a thing of the matter. But when I am one of only two who offer encouragement and you don't say 'thanks', that doesn't feel right. Clear enough?

No bad feelings, albertjohn. And, for your own and EuroAussie's benefit, I might be a little overly sensitive in that area. It's just that an extra touch of consideration is how we all get to feel we know one another. EuroAussie, cleared it up fine explaining he was a victum of website meltdown and the resultant frustration. Cheers, to you each.

Hi Folks,

Another Sunday went by which means one more recording session for us. This was our third session together now and we recorded three new covers.

Personal Jesus - very much inspired by the Johnny Cash version. Recorded as a two track with vocals and guitar seperate, on the Country Western.

Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead classic, recorded as a single track, completely dry. Played with my Furch OM for something different.

Would love to hear your perpective and critique.

We have now six recorded tracks and hoping to get to twenty so we can start playing out soon.

You can find all the tracks, including the two new ones here:

cheers.

We added one more song: Be Mine - David Gray - this is our own interpretation of the song, sort of has a slight R&B / Counting Crows / Boy Band feel to it .. if thats possible :-) .. (played on my Furch OM as a single track)

And we finally decided on a band name: DoubleShot - what do you think ?

cheers.

EuroAussie:

They keep getting better. Makes you smile when you get good tracks down. I say, just keep being yourselves and keep developing your own sound. Going good.

Thank you very much Hall. I think we are now starting to get some confidence and beginning to express ourselves a bit, Personal Jesus and Be Mine being examples. And yes, you are right, its a great feeling when you get a good track down, motivates one to keep going and experimenting.

cheers.

Archived