Gibson Brands Forums

PayPal, I don't like you

heymisterk

Damn!

9%?

They went up again?

Add all the fees to place the ad, and then the 3 percent or more that Paypal gets...

No way in hell am I letting somebody take 15% of my money.

God only asked for 10%.

That's why I shut down my gun sales business for now - sales tax here just went up to 10.3% and the Town Council didn't even blink.

It's a little tedious to get started but it's really convenient once you get set up. [thumbup]

I agree.

I do most (80% or more) of my "shopping" online as well as selling stuff online.

I hate a good bit of PayPal's policies but they are cheaper than paying for a credit card service to receive payment as well as offer a free shopping cart system for selling on the web. I also like it for instant payment when I buy stuff on ebay and other sites I shop regularly. (I have a bank account verified to my Paypal account for instant xfr.)

I also embraced virtual banking back in 1998 - technology is my friend....until Skynet comes online......

PayPal makes online buying just plain easier, and more secure. More and more vendors use it, and it's nice that if you're using PayPal, you don't have to type name, address, etc., as it is automatically passed to the seller for shipping purposes. Also with PayPal, your credit card/bank info stays in one place, instead of having to provide it to every seller every time you buy something.

I do agree that the setup/verification process is annoying, and PayPal customer service sucks if you have a problem with your account, but the benefits outweigh the deficits.

Archived