Gibson Brands Forums

LES PAUL FLORENTINE"S TOP O' THE LINE

St James

I am not into FLAME tops, and don't buy into using pedals, the BEST GUITAR IMHO that GIBSON has made in the LES PAUL MODEL has been the LES PAUL FLORENTINE

I have bought every FLORENTINE for the past 15 years and each year they seem to make these EVEN BETTER !!!

This model usually made in small groups of less than 250 are hard to get and ya gotta know someone at Gibson and order even before they are in production.

The last one I got was the LAST FLORENTINE LES PAUL had anything to do with and they were sold out before ONE WAS MADE.

They put top of the line electronics on em, always EBONY or my earlier ones had Brazilian Rosewood in it, Sperzel roller bridge, Bigsby,Vintage locking tuners,JUST EVERY SINGLE PART down to the BONE NUT, REAL SPRAGUE BUMBLE BEE'S.

They usually all are the same color and that's what makes em stand out.

They make these SUPREME'S,ELEGANTS and CLASS 5 TOPS, and all kinds of ways to raise the price IMHO one of the BEST GUITARS GIBSON ever made was the BLUESHAWK.

The BEST LES PAULS were between 68 and 79..since then it was the STANDARD now all of a sudden with all these chambered guitars out there loosing all there TONE by CHAMBERING them....that was the key was that HEAVY CHUNK of MAHOGANY.

I would prefer to have a back ache after a set than play a guitar that does not sound like a 2300.00 ax should !!

Not a year ago you could buy a NEW CLASSIC for 1399.00 now a 10 year old one's are selling for 1500.00 or so WHY ,.,.NOT CHAMBERED !!!

But as long as they make a NEW FLORENTINE EVERY OTHER YEAR OR SO I'll BE HAPPY....I have 8 of em now but they are without a doubt the BEST LES PAULS I EVER HAD.

You can't tell by looking , but the eye can't tell that the CUT OUT is much deeper and down deeper making it much easier to hit those notes down below the dbl dots !!!

Playing the BLUES has left me at age 55 still able to continue on playing and with labels like ALLIGATOR RECORDS us Bluesman will always have a job !!!

Just my opinion but the OLD LES PAUL CLASSIC'S and the FLORENTINE'S always caught my attention.

Even with the now then CUSTOM PAUL I'll stick with CLASSIC's LES PAUL BFG and FLORENTINE'S.....to many models of the same guitar....

JUST MY 2 cents...I LOVE THE FLORENTINE"S

ST JAMES

I am not into FLAME tops, and don't buy into using pedals, the BEST GUITAR IMHO that GIBSON has made in the LES PAUL MODEL has been the LES PAUL FLORENTINE

I have bought every FLORENTINE for the past 15 years and each year they seem to make these EVEN BETTER !!!

This model usually made in small groups of less than 250 are hard to get and ya gotta know someone at Gibson and order even before they are in production.

The last one I got was the LAST FLORENTINE LES PAUL had anything to do with and they were sold out before ONE WAS MADE.

They put top of the line electronics on em, always EBONY or my earlier ones had Brazilian Rosewood in it, Sperzel roller bridge, Bigsby,Vintage locking tuners,JUST EVERY SINGLE PART down to the BONE NUT, REAL SPRAGUE BUMBLE BEE'S.

They usually all are the same color and that's what makes em stand out.

They make these SUPREME'S,ELEGANTS and CLASS 5 TOPS, and all kinds of ways to raise the price IMHO one of the BEST GUITARS GIBSON ever made was the BLUESHAWK.

The BEST LES PAULS were between 68 and 79..since then it was the STANDARD now all of a sudden with all these chambered guitars out there loosing all there TONE by CHAMBERING them....that was the key was that HEAVY CHUNK of MAHOGANY.

I would prefer to have a back ache after a set than play a guitar that does not sound like a 2300.00 ax should !!

Not a year ago you could buy a NEW CLASSIC for 1399.00 now a 10 year old one's are selling for 1500.00 or so WHY ,.,.NOT CHAMBERED !!!

But as long as they make a NEW FLORENTINE EVERY OTHER YEAR OR SO I'll BE HAPPY....I have 8 of em now but they are without a doubt the BEST LES PAULS I EVER HAD.

You can't tell by looking , but the eye can't tell that the CUT OUT is much deeper and down deeper making it much easier to hit those notes down below the dbl dots !!!

Playing the BLUES has left me at age 55 still able to continue on playing and with labels like ALLIGATOR RECORDS us Bluesman will always have a job !!!

Just my opinion but the OLD LES PAUL CLASSIC'S and the FLORENTINE'S always caught my attention.

Even with the now then CUSTOM PAUL I'll stick with CLASSIC's LES PAUL BFG and FLORENTINE'S.....to many models of the same guitar....

JUST MY 2 cents...I LOVE THE FLORENTINE"S

ST JAMES

I was at Elderly Music a few months ago and came across a Florentine. I didn't know what it was but the sound was incredible. Wish I had the dough for it.

YUP , BASICALLY A TOP OF THE LINE LES PAUL WITH A DEEPER CUT OUT,A BIT THICKER BODY, F-HOLES AND USUALLY ALL TOP OF THE LINE EVERYTHING ELSE

YOU HAVE ONE TOO???

ST JAMES

I've never come across one before your post...it does look nice. Mine is a 335 type Gordon Smith..... [rolleyes]:-({|=

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, not real sure what you mean when you say all Les Paul Florentine's have thicker bodies and a deeper cutaway. I have an 01 Custom that is the same size as any other Custom, it just has the F holes and is about 2 pounds lighter. Can you show me a picture of what you mean? I love these guitars, but mine is the only one I've had the pleasure of seeing in person. Thanks. The last picture is just to show same size.

DSC09755_edited-11.jpg

DSC09747_edited-11.jpg

LesPaulFamilyPhoto003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived