Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone know of US stores that ship to Australia?

Berserker

given the value of the dollar I've been trying to track down a reputable store in the US that ships Epiphone guitars to Australia. I've been unsuccessful so far, MF doesn't do it, can anyone help?

jake

Hi, I haven't actually done it myself, but I did read about a process where there are companies in USA that you can set up a mail re-direction service and they will then on-ship your guitar to Oz. You'd need to google to find them, however I believe it is quite secure and well used? I may be wrong, but worth researching. All the best, Mike Another thing to consider is that Oz companies may be adjusting their prices down to take into consideration the exchange rate, might be worth checking out the main importers, I think Gallins is a main importer/agent for Epiphone.

If you're planning to get a guitar shipped from the USA, it will likely cost you well in excess of US$100 in shipping alone, and you'll probably find it's cheaper to just buy it locally.

If you want parts, however, Pro Guitar Shop and Music123 ship most things internationally.

Hi, I haven't actually done it myself, but I did read about a process where there are companies in USA that you can set up a mail re-direction service and they will then on-ship your guitar to Oz. You'd need to google to find them, however I believe it is quite secure and well used? I may be wrong, but worth researching. All the best, Mike Another thing to consider is that Oz companies may be adjusting their prices down to take into consideration the exchange rate, might be worth checking out the main importers, I think Gallins is a main importer/agent for Epiphone.

just seems a little to complex for my liking although i'll look into it

If you're planning to get a guitar shipped from the USA, it will likely cost you well in excess of US$100 in shipping alone, and you'll probably find it's cheaper to just buy it locally.

If you want parts, however, Pro Guitar Shop and Music123 ship most things internationally.

yeah, but $100 US is now just over $100 AU and we pay way more than a$100 extra for our epiphones in comparison you our US colleagues

E.M. Shorts Guitars (AKA Wichita Band & Instrument Co.) in Wichita, Kansas.

Great prices, and International shipping, too.

Google 'em!

CB

thanks, I shall check them out for sure

have you tried guitar center?

yeah, same deal as MF

yes I'd like to think they will reduce prices. I've found though they're quicker to increase them with exchange rate increases rather than decrease them when our dollar improves. Although I have found Gallins do the best prices on most epi's - no doubt for the reason you outlined.

cheers

jake

Archived