Gibson Brands Forums

two new ones

markwillplay

two brand new ones at this link..one "The Party Ain't Over" was written in memory of my grandmother who just died last week. She was 94..and she would love it. Listen all the way to the end. Been looking for the perfect song for this simple fingerpicking progression and I think I have found it. The other is one i wrote for my sweetie on our 15th anniversary last week..oh just give them a listen. thanks, Mark

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1108989

I listened to the first song =D> , which in turn made me listen to the second, and after number 16, I was genuinely pleased to waste my time doing that. Keep posting and keep us in your loop. Exceptional guitar work, a very genuine style. It keeps a listener interested in listening. =D>

I echo the words of Don Carloss, great playing, singing and compositions. Listened to the end of the first track and then kept on listening. Great stuff !

PS: am i right to assume most of it is played on a J-45 ? The tone sounds great.

Thanks for posting.

DonCarlos, that is one of the best compliments any artist can get. Thanks. Easy to write the same good song over and over....much harder to keep people interested over a "batch" of songs (imho anyway).

And yes most of those are my OJ reissue (not J45). I am such an idiot, it took me forever to realize that my computer noise was what I was hearing on some of the tracks. Duh, finally figured out that I needed to cut it off. crazy because in every studio I have recorded in for full band recordings, the engineer always did that if he was anywhere close and not closed off. It actually does make a difference. This old computer I have is louder I think than my othr one that went down. Oh well, demos only so all good. Thanks for the kind words. M

Archived