Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone explorer

bippy58

i am looking to buy an epiphone explorer and all the info i can get is that it was made in korea and the serial number U01020977. i will try to attatch a picture so maybe someone can give me enough info so i know what to pay for this guitar. forgive me if this is not the proper way to find out this info it is my first time here and my first guitar.

i am looking to buy an epiphone explorer and all the info i can get is that it was made in korea and the serial number U01020977. i will try to attatch a picture so maybe someone can give me enough info so i know what to pay for this guitar. forgive me if this is not the proper way to find out this info it is my first time here and my first guitar.

acording to your serial number:

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the

Unsung Plant, Korea

February 2001

Production Number: 0977

Un Sung Musical Instrument Co.

Un Sung Musical Instrument Co., Ltd. was established in 1987, Inchon, Korea. They have productive capability 50,000 of Electric Guitars and basses a year. Not only do they produce guitars for several well known brands by OEM but also have their own line 'Silver Star'.

if i paid 200 for it would it be a good deal?

It depends on the condition and playability of the guitar really, if it is in good condition and plays well then it's a pretty good deal. But, if it is in poor condition or if it doesn't play well, then walk away unless you are looking for a project guitar to work on.

the best way to get pictures up is to put them onto photobucket or similar website (i just use my facebook) then use the "insert image" option in the toolbar two along from the smiley icon, a wee box will pop up, you just enter the web URL into the box provided (i do this by copying and pasting my image location)

1. upload image to file sharing website.

2. open it up and copy the location from the address bar at the top of your internet browser

3. now open up Epi forum and chose "reply"

4. select "insert image" from the tool bar at the top of the text box.

5. paste you image location into the box provided, and Voila a picture pops up when you click "add reply"

What the others say is correct, and it WOULD help to see a pic.

What bigneil says about posting pics is correct. IF you aren't

100 % sure how, or don't have a hosting site:

In EPI Lounge is a thread called the "Do-it-Yourself" thread.

At the very TOP is a section called "Posting Pictures". Has

losts of other stuff, too. BUT, I'll give you a direct link

so you can see, just choose Photobucket or Imageshack.

Link:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/51292-the-d0-it-yourself-thread-look-here-for-tech-related-questions/

Good luck! [biggrin]

The easiest way to get a pic to us is to just attach the file to the post. Beneath your reply box is a browse button. Click it, choose your pic and hit "Attach This File". After you see the attached thumbnail, click on "add to post" all the way to the right of it.

It should put a thumbnail linking to the full sized picture at the bottom of your post - like this...

The easiest way to get a pic to us is to just attach the file to the post. Beneath your reply box is a browse button. Click it, choose your pic and hit "Attach This File". After you see the attached thumbnail, click on "add to post" all the way to the right of it.

It should put a thumbnail linking to the full sized picture at the bottom of your post - like this..

Ooooooooooooo!!!!! I just LEARNED SOMETHING! [thumbup]

I always wondered HOW you guys did that!

+1, RTH!

+1, RTH!

You can also see and manage all of your attached pics in your Edit Profile/Settings area. Not sure how many you are allowed. Probably 50 like the emails, but thats just a guess.

+1, RTH!

If use this method, the image is uploaded directly to the Epi forum. Although it is probably the simplest way, the Epi forum has a limit as to how much megabytes you are allowed to upload. In my case 4-5 pics and my allowance was used. This is why most folk upload their files to a fileshare site of some sort first and simply just paste in the link when ever picture they want to show. I just use my facebook instead of photobucket or other similar site because most of my guitar pics are on there anyway. [biggrin] However if someone is going to use a picture from Facebook they must right click on the image and select "view image" from the drop down menu before copying the image location from the address bar [thumbup]

Is the guitar in question available for you to see and play before you buy, if so you could take along a buddy who plays guitar to help you decide weather or not it plays well.

Archived