Gibson Brands Forums

Sound change

Silenced Fred

Did you check out my link?

That pedal is sweet. The demo isn't that great but the pedal is really cool. I like the individual controls for the ping and pong.

Yeah, it was cool. The only thing is, I need to hear these pedals in the application I am going to use them for. It's hard, because some pedals sound great, until I run what I am going to use with them (ie MXR Distortion +, sounded great in the store, terrible through my amp)

What ticking metronome bug?

On the highest time setting the pedal starts clicking like a slow metronome. Have not searched the internets to see how wide spread it is, but I know I am not the only one to have this issue.

RE: the B3...

Ah, yes... a classic sound with a Leslie and a volume pedal.

Volume pedals ain't changed much and I much prefer carrying my Boss Leslie emulator than the real thing - and would have when I was a lot younger and stronger and had the real thing.

Seriously, I think the volume pedal or a master volume near enough to the strings to be used simultaneously with picking is a technique far too little used, but it gives far more control than a stomp box doing it automatically at a preselected response.

The volume pedal? You can change your attack and you can sustain a lot longer without really changing anything else. (Or you can speed decay kinda like the pedals on a piano.)

Leslies 'stedda delay/reverb? Maybe not really, but I hear something in the real Leslie and also in the Boss emulator that's almost kinda like a sorta reverb but isn't.

With the two, you can almost emulate a B3.

The Leslie, by the way, doesn't have to be rotating - for real or in the Boss unit I have - to have that unique "kinda sorta" reverb.

m

On the highest time setting the pedal starts clicking like a slow metronome. Have not searched the internets to see how wide spread it is, but I know I am not the only one to have this issue.

Oh.....well its probably because I don't use it there I have it set right around 12 O clock.

Oh.....well its probably because I don't use it there I have it set right around 12 O clock.

See I like having a big delay setting with a decent amount of regen for faster riffs and stuff to get a bunch of notes all jumbling up together. I think it sounds cool. I hardly use a delay just to get a little bit of delay, but who knows?

See I like having a big delay setting with a decent amount of regen for faster riffs and stuff to get a bunch of notes all jumbling up together. I think it sounds cool. I hardly use a delay just to get a little bit of delay, but who knows?

Ok, for me its all about clarity.....achieving that and using overdrive was a little tough but using reverb and delay and and EQ pedal really smoothes it out.

Ok, for me its all about clarity.....achieving that and using overdrive was a little tough but using reverb and delay and and EQ pedal really smoothes it out.

I want it to sound raw and nasty for the most part. Cleans are easily achievable, but when I want overdrive, I want overdrive. I guess that's why I like fuzz, because its so wild and insane.

I want it to sound raw and nasty for the most part. Cleans are easily achievable, but when I want overdrive, I want overdrive. I guess that's why I like fuzz, because its so wild and insane.

Cool....I like my overdrive to sound clear.....mainly influence from gear whores like Eric Johnson and Joe Bonamassa.....

Cool....I like my overdrive to sound clear.....mainly influence from gear whores like Eric Johnson and Joe Bonamassa.....

Jack White has influenced me a ton. I have my neck pickup set up for crazy shrill solos like his.

Dan Auerbach is another, but he also has a very raw sound. I find beauty in imperfection

Are you meaning "sound reinforcement"?

Get you a good B3 player - that'll fix you up.

milod

Posted Yesterday, 10:18 PM

RE: the B3...

Ah, yes... a classic sound with a Leslie and a volume pedal.

Volume pedals ain't changed much and I much prefer carrying my Boss Leslie emulator than the real thing - and would have when I was a lot younger and stronger and had the real thing................

With the two, you can almost emulate a B3.

The Leslie, by the way, doesn't have to be rotating - for real or in the Boss unit I have - to have that unique "kinda sorta" reverb.

m

Fred

I have to agree with Riverside, if you want that added something to your composition. In addition I am able to see the validity in Milo's point if you

are looking for a unique Solo sound a Leslie "Speaker" emulator may have a vibe you can get into. However, to get the Tone Generator i.e. Hammond "B3" "A" & "C" series sound (that Riverside is talking about) which in itself can be a "raw" with an attached Leslie rotating from slow to fast or fast to slow etc. you are going to have to find a fairly good keyboardist with access to a Hammond Tone Generator Organ (out of production now) or the digitally sampled models.

I am impressed with our Moderator to offer his equipment to you to be creative. Nice to see young musicians pushing the envelope to get their own "tone". History has proven that

the Glenn Millers, Chuck Berry's etc. started the same way. Go for it Fred[thumbup]

Fred

I have to agree with Riverside, if you want that added something to your composition. In addition I am able to see the validity in Milo's point if you

are looking for a unique Solo sound a Leslie "Speaker" emulator may have a vibe you can get into. However, to get the Tone Generator i.e. Hammond "B3" "A" & "C" series sound (that Riverside is talking about) which in itself can be a "raw" with an attached Leslie rotating from slow to fast or fast to slow etc. you are going to have to find a fairly good keyboardist with access to a Hammond Tone Generator Organ (out of production now) or the digitally sampled models.

I am impressed with our Moderator to offer his equipment to you to be creative. Nice to see young musicians pushing the envelope to get their own "tone". History has proven that

the Glenn Millers, Chuck Berry's etc. started the same way. Go for it Fred[thumbup]

Not too sure I want the Leslie sound, just a big fat delay with lots of regen to give you that cluster**** feeling of notes going on at once...

I dig it and use it a little

Jack White has influenced me a ton. I have my neck pickup set up for crazy shrill solos like his.

Dan Auerbach is another, but he also has a very raw sound. I find beauty in imperfection

Cool, the raw sound doesn't bother me, sometimes it sounds great, but overally I like the smooth almost violin type tone that EJ is famous for

Not too sure I want the Leslie sound, just a big fat delay with lots of regen to give you that cluster**** feeling of notes going on at once...

I dig it and use it a little

Leslies sound great but don't fit in with all songs.

Korg used to make one the G4, don't think they do now......

You should check out the Line 6 DL4, it has some cool features.......Bonamassa uses it for the intro of Pain and Sorrow so you could always search the vid on youtube instead.

Actually I've been thinking of adding some top notch pedals to my board instead of picking up a new amp.......maybe a BK Butler Tube Overdrive....

A nice warm sounding delay/echo is the way to go I think. This has really changed my sound over recent times. That and a solid booster.

Also changing the valves/tubes in my amp has opened my ears. Insted of stocking with traditional stock valves/tubes. Shop around see what fits the glove and experiment...

Archived