Gibson Brands Forums

Ooh! Dang!

Andre S

I love reverb. I wish I had some super intense Fender reverb every now and then.

My delay pedal is in my friend's parent's house but he moved to San Fran so it's kindof stuck in there.

That sucks, what kind of delay is it?

I've used delay and reverb for so long, that if I plug straight in to say the Champion 600, the breakup sounds harsh....much better with reverb and delay.....A reverb pedal may come in handy for all those amps that don't have reverb.

It's an old Boss digital delay/ pitch shifter. Pitch shifter is mostly useless. The delay is really good.

I maily used the delay on my friends Moog Prodigy. It sounds great like "Any Colour You Like" by Pink Floyd.

It was my dads. He gave me a couple old pedals. He gave me a Boss ce-3 too. The ce-2 is a pretty desirable pedal. I have a ce-3 lol. It sounds really good. I think the main difference is that the ce-3 does stereo chorus.

Here's sort of a brief but interesting bit of info on the ce-3 I just found on google.

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ce3.xml

I really like this pedal but I don't use it much. It does this one sort of weird small pitch shift thing with a square wave form that sounds really cool and I want to use it in a song. Aside from that I haven't really used the stereo action. The regular chorus is nice.

Here's one on my delay...

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ps-2.xml

I don't have mine to check the serial number to see if mine has the high frequency problem. But I can bet that it's one of the early ones with the problem. It definately had high frequency problems when you crank the feedback knob all the way up. But it's not too often the feedback knob is all the way up anyways unless I'm intentionally making it do that.

Also if you switch delay modes while it's repeating it sounds really cool. I don't know if your delay does it but it's sort of a cool little glitch.

Here's sort of a brief but interesting bit of info on the ce-3 I just found on google.

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ce3.xml

I really like this pedal but I don't use it much. It does this one sort of weird small pitch shift thing with a square wave form that sounds really cool and I want to use it in a song. Aside from that I haven't really used the stereo action. The regular chorus is nice.

Here's one on my delay...

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ps-2.xml

I don't have mine to check the serial number to see if mine has the high frequency problem. But I can bet that it's one of the early ones with the problem. It definately had high frequency problems when you crank the feedback knob all the way up. But it's not too often the feedback knob is all the way up anyways unless I'm intentionally making it do that.

Also if you switch delay modes while it's repeating it sounds really cool. I don't know if your delay does it but it's sort of a cool little glitch.

Nope never did that with the delay modes.

But if you strum the strings and then move the speed of delay knob, the third from the left, it sounds cool too!

Oh yeah that's like the classic move to do with a delay. I love doing that!

I really like EHX Memory Man delays. The big old analog version with 4 knobs. I also really like the BYOC digital delay.

Ah heck, the DD3 works fine for me.....I'm interested in trying out a TS808 though, it looks pretty cool.....though between my Pork Loin and Bad Monkey, I'm pretty much set on the overdrive front.....

A new amp....that would change it up a bit

[biggrin]

I've been really GASing for a Princeton Reverb clone or a Deluxe Reverb clone. Like a clone kit that you build.

My MXR Classic Overdrive is the best $30 I've ever spent. Seriously I love that pedal. It's all I use.

Cool, I found that I use either one or the other pedal, sometimes I don't use one for weeks and then use it again, I like having those options especially since those pedals give completely different sounds....

The Way Huge Pork Loin into a Champion 600 on full plugged in through the high gain input gives some real nice tones, amp overdrive pushed by a pedal....I didn't try it with the Bad Monkey yet though....maybe tomorrow....I've been swamped with school work all week.....didn't even plug in for the week....this weekend is the same but I have to be sure to get to crank it again.

There was an original 1960 Fender Princeton for sale on Wildwood.....$1400....Looked real nice, I was considering it but there was and is GAS for a real nice Gibby....

Only thing is new Gibby and no amp.....or amp and strat....

I've been saving up for this for a while, so I want to make sure I get what I really want.

Yeah I've been really busy with school and work lately. I work nights.

I'm sure you'll get something sweet. Just be patient. I'm gonna save up and get something nice.

I've really been GASing for a VOS SG Standard or Special (both in TV Yellow). I'm leaning towards the Special because I love the simplicity and tone of p90s. I'm thinkin the Special would be perfect for my band.

I've also always been GASing for a nice 335.

So it will take me a few months to work for the money but it will be worth it in the end.

Yeah I've been really busy with school and work lately. I work nights.

I'm sure you'll get something sweet. Just be patient. I'm gonna save up and get something nice.

I've really been GASing for a VOS SG Standard or Special (both in TV Yellow). I'm leaning towards the Special because I love the simplicity and tone of p90s. I'm thinkin the Special would be perfect for my band.

I've also always been GASing for a nice 335.

So it will take me a few months to work for the money but it will be worth it in the end.

Yea, patience is definitely key in buying a new/used guitar.

Can you believe a Les Paul Standard 2004, sod within 6 hours ont Wildwood?

It had a couple dents and a good amount of scratches, medium fretwear....I was still deciding if it were worth $1400 when it was gone.....Same thing with a Fender Custom EC Sig, in Midnight Blue...lol

Those TV Yellow SG's are sweet, with humbuckers or P-90's.....add a maestro and thats a sexy guitar right there.....

Archived