Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Sheraton Union Jack Supernova - HNGD or fake?

The.Traffic.Lights

Never thought I would start such a topic myself... But I am really confused and I need your help, guys.

One guy on my local craiglist is selling the beautiful Epi Sheraton II Union Jack Supernova for only 200$ (claims to be factory second), and everything looks fine on the pictures except a couple of things.

The thing that worries me the most is the wraparound bridge the guy is telling he installed himself. He says he covered the holes from the tailpiece, but could he do it that good that it really matches the overall finish (see the photo)?

Besides, there is no serial number or anything on the back of the headstock. Could a factory second go without it?

Please, look at the pics below:

pictureqq001.jpg

pictureqq002.jpg

pictureqq004.jpg

Ok, please tell me you aren't serious. You DO know, that's not even a real guitar, right? I truly hope this is a joke.. Please let it be a joke..

Nah, man - he needs to see the f-hole label before he knows.

Would you risk buying a fake?

You have to know the things to look for, you see.

Thanks for your comments, fellas. Even though some of you thought it was fake, I can assure you it is 100% genuine. I managed to lower the price to 5 bucks (such a steal, can you even imagine it?!), so I'm absolutely happy now.

I don't know how the git plays yet, but it certainly looks good... on my fridge [thumbup]

stumblinman, if you happen to ask... I would assume it's been a good one :rolleyes:

Archived