Gibson Brands Forums

Rubber Soul

Bowdiddley

Rubber Soul was a Dylan influence inspired them to do that kind of a record and their very first public record was on a 45 they were a back up group and credits on the record , Tony Sheridan and the Beat Brothers on a German record label Polydor and today still have that record .

Love me do was their first 45 in the U.K. and Please Please me the first long playing record as the Beatles 1963 . I grew up with these guys they were great from the get go they just wanted every LP to have a different flavor .

USA first single was My Bonnie a Decca 45 in 1962 and first LP was Introducing the Beatles on VJ records June of 1964 and landed in the USA on Febuary 7th and they did the Ed Sullivan Feb 9th 1964 .

Best rock n roll band in the world that influenced everyone in music and culture .

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me one of the reasons the Beatles were so good was their willingness to work so hard live in their Hamburg and Cavern days.

Playing marathon sets gave them instinctive rapport and tight harmonies etc.

It's the fresh, tight vocal harmonies...backed up by driving rhythms that hook me in every time..... [biggrin]

:-({|=

The most amazing thing about The Beatles, to me, is the incredible amount of quality music they put out in just eight years! Most bands today take eight years between album releases.

Yeppers.... Those chaps were writing machines

Norweigen Wood , I play it in E and in D. They played it in the D position but with a capo on the 2nd fret with pitch wise would make it an E. In the E(1st fret) position I really have to stretch my pinky to hit that Db note on the 5th string at the 4th fret. K

The most amazing thing about The Beatles, to me, is the incredible amount of quality music they put out in just eight years! Most bands today take eight years between album releases.

Throw in 3 movies, a tv special, 3 or 4 world tours and the constant pressure to top themselves and clearly by the end of the decade they needed a break from one another.

Archived