Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone ES295 Need Advice for Tuning Key Upgrade

Rockabillybob

I have an Epiphone ES295 I bought used. The previous owner removed the Keystone style tuners and installed button type tuners. I want to install good Kluson Keystone tuners, hopefully without any modifications. Here's a link to the tuners I'm guessing are right. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks for any help.

Kluson

I have an Epiphone ES295 I bought used. The previous owner removed the Keystone style tuners and installed button type tuners. I want to install good Kluson Keystone tuners, hopefully without any modifications. Here's a link to the tuners I'm guessing are right. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks for any help.

Kluson

They should drop right in. Those tuners have a skinny shaft, so I doubt you would have to enlarge the post holes.

You may not even need to remove the old bushings, but if you do, take your time, you could splinter around the post holes (or worse).

You may need to add a little toothpick wood inside the screw holes now that this is the 3rd set of tuners on the guit.

Post some pics when you're done...love those 295s...

The button tuners are gone. The greenish Klusons are also an improvement in tuning stability. The back of the headstock is not as pretty. The old three on a plate screw holes are visible, but I'm the only person that sees that. After a while, I'll forget they're even there.

I have photos in photobucket, but have not had any luck getting them on here. Which link code?

Rockabillybob,

Congrats on the new tuners.

If you want to clean up the old holes a bit read this:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/57297-epiphone-special-2/

(about the 5th reply in the thread)

I put it up for another member but if the holes are of any concern you might (or might not) be interested.

Also, check out the DIY thread at the top of the Epi Lounge. It explains posting pics.

Willy

• 1 month later...

Archived