Gibson Brands Forums

A Gibson Less Paul?

Denton

Hey All, just wondering- Has anyone ever seen a one off model of a Les Paul,

called a "Less Paul"?

I was at the Arlington Guitar Show a few years back, and asked one of the Gib reps there if he

had ever heard of one.

He mentioned that he thought there was a one off model made, but did not have much information

past that............

How about you Gibson fans? Anyone have, or know where I can get- pix of this

Special Model?

As I recall, it was like a "regular" Les Paul, only with body contours more like a Strat,

if you forgive me mentioning a Fender guitar here!!!

Also, (not sure if this is the right forum for this question) but I have been looking

for an Epiphone Barcelone classical (years 63-69, I believe)

Reason is, that was the first real guitar I had, purchased by my folks for me in 1964- ( a 64 model)

I sure loved that guitar, and played it constantly for 3-4 hours a day for about a year and a half.

Then, it developed a bad split on the top, running from the center of the bridge to the soundhole.

Luckily, the music store(s) back then, honored warranties pretty well, and they let me trade it in

on another guitar, giving me (I think) most all of the purchase price back. It was a fairly expensive

guitar for 1964- I would have been 12 years old at the time- (old guy! lol)

I did find a 64 Gibson C-2 classical on Ebay several years ago, and bought and played it until

2007, when I re-sold it on Ebay due to financial problems I was going thru at the time. It was, I think,

about the closest thing to the Epi Barcelone that Gibson offered. Wish I still had it!

Of course, I wish I had ALL the guitars I've bought and sold over the years- don't we all, I guess?

Anyway, if anyone has answers, please let me know, and thanks ahead of time!

DF

No, but I have been offered les pauls for less than street price [biggrin]

I also once saw a les paul with one less knob and one less tuner, it was selling for really cheap.

I also played one with one less pickup once. [flapper][biggrin]

I assume it was a no-cutaway body?

Archived