Gibson Brands Forums

Sports

cookieman15061

At 6' 5", the high school Basketball coach was always after me to play.

I couldn't seem to get past the idea that if you chopped the Adam's apple of the guy who had the ball...

I "competed" (rather successfully, too) in a local bass-fishing club for about ten years, but even I don't consider that to be a sport.

Meh.

Wrestled in Junior High until I got big enough to be placed in the open heavyweight class.

Got my butt pounded into the mat at every meet by gargantuan freaks of nature.

Decided I'd had enough.

Nearly cut my middle finger off of my right hand just before my freshman year, so no football.

Sprained an ankle BAD the first week of my sophomore year, on crutches for weeks and limped to Christmas.

No football again.

Junior year - by then I had a car and a job, so it was beer, rock n roll and chicks for me.

Moved to a new town middle of my junior year.

New kid in town, 2 nice cars by then, family had money so I was considered a "rich kid" though I saw none of it.

Anyhow, worked really, really well for all the girls curious about the "new kid" since I was so accommodating.

I remember Gene Simmons of Kiss talking about all the jocks who were all sports, all the time.

Neglected their girlfriends something terrible.

Gene discovered he could comfort them, and help with their boredom.

I used a similar tact to some moderate success, and I never looked back.

Pays to have a job so you can spend a little money on the girls - they like that . . .

[thumbup]

Got outta high school, then I worked 70-100 hours a week.

By then it was all guns and motorcycles.

Barely had time for chicks.

Yep I played football and Baseball all through High school went all State twice as a linebacker, I was given a full football scholarship for college I played three out of the four years spent the other years on crutches after folding a knee the wrong way with the help of a Semi Truck that was wearing a uniform from UCLA when he hit me. I made it into the Pro Draft and was selected but was unable to pass the team physical after four knee surgeries and all the steroids and painkillers they had injected into my knees the team surgeon took a xray and just shook his head saying the knee was a loss and that if I wanted to play football I should pick a wheelchair as part of my sign on bonus.

Archived