Gibson Brands Forums

seems like this is the only board getting traffic on the site so, anyway....

scoTT la rock

i posted this in the signature model forum but no replay....

anyone??

"Hey guys

I just picked up a Gary Rossington Signature Les Paul. It's great!

I have been searching around the net for more info about these but there doesnt seem to be much out there.

Anyone here have one? Any info you guys may have?

Just trying to learn more about my guitar...

Thanks!"post-25748-091074000 1288937194_thumb.jpg

thanks guys!

the SG is a 1990 les paul SG custom (white, 3 PAFs, etc.) that is beat to **** at this point, yellowed and scarred, because it has been my main axe for a long time...i will die with that guitar. ive had SGs and LPs all my life and always go back and forth between the two. the acoustic is a 76 yamaha classical that was my mothers, and what i learned on when i was a kid. the thing is super old and has a ton of tone, i use that for writing....

i really love the rossington but the problem is that it's in mint condition (well, mint as in never played, but if you have ever seen one of these it has been aged and looks beat to crap) so i almost feel like i shouldnt play it out. i dont know...

im running all mesa amps and monster cables- no effects.... fun stuff...

... the acoustic is a 76 yamaha classical that was my mothers, and what i learned on when i was a kid. the thing is super old and has a ton of tone, i use that for writing... ...

Ahh beat to he11 and back thats the way they should be. I have a old Yahamha also its a 78 or 79 acoustic guitar and its unbelievable in tone. ...

I've got 73 Yamaha classical (G-55A). Now there's a coincidence. I've kept it all these years because it's parlor size and I don't mind if I bang it into my desk when I'm writing or tabbing. It's amazing how well it's aged - great tone for a cheapie.

Beautiful Les Paul......Big Kahunue gave you good info......As per gigging with; It's already aged by Murphy, it's value would not decrease if you ' age ' it a bit yourself.....just don't break the headstock and need to add more screws !!!! Your Paul is more authentic than the current Skynrd lineup.......Awesome collector's Paul......

Archived