Gibson Brands Forums

1967 Lgo with dodgy tuning pegs

Needles

Hi. can anyone point me to the nearest person or factory that can send me aset of tuning pegs for a 1967 Lgo i have been neglecting ever since i got into the les paul mode. It is a sweet sounding rosewood bridge mahogany three quarter size guitar that looks like lightning hopkins bashed it off his head a few times but unfortunately the low e string machine head is snapped off. Id love to leave it into someone in ireland to fix up but im sure he or she will have to source the proper heads and i think ill do that first and get the luthier involved next.

Anyone else ever replaced the heads? anyone out there think these guitars are great for quiet sessions whilst sipping good whiskey?

Thanks, Needles here in rainy ireland

hello and help to more advanced forum users.

This may seem odd replying to myself but i have a general query as to when you post atopic and then you send it off

where does in scoosh off to? is there a secret way of making your topic appear in the right place. Im finding myself reading hundreds of other posts which is useful in many ways although i now want to own seven more gibsons but perhaps the topic is on a different page to the one im on when i press post or something.

computers. Gone are the days when you hopped the fence and asked the blacksmith for information and sure hed probably have knocked out a new set of tuning pegs for you and done a jig at the same time.....ahh the rare oul times aargh.

hello and help to more advanced forum users.

This may seem odd replying to myself but i have a general query as to when you post atopic and then you send it off

where does in scoosh off to? is there a secret way of making your topic appear in the right place. Im finding myself reading hundreds of other posts which is useful in many ways although i now want to own seven more gibsons but perhaps the topic is on a different page to the one im on when i press post or something.

computers. Gone are the days when you hopped the fence and asked the blacksmith for information and sure hed probably have knocked out a new set of tuning pegs for you and done a jig at the same time.....ahh the rare oul times aargh.

Go to the topic area where your post seems to apply. Post your thread and/or post in that topic area and it should appear in that topic area. If you wish to start a thread under a different topic, go to that topic area and post it there.

I've just ordered these from Stew-Mac:

They aren't exactly what was on the LG-0 (mine, anyway) but they look the same, other than the rounded ends of the "mounting plate." There's probably a better term, but that's what I'll call it.

The screw holes may not line up perfectly, but the pegs do, and that's the more important part.

Looking back, it appears that I never put the link to the tuners in the post.

I received mine today, though. The screws don't line up with my 1965, but it's easy enough to plug the old holes and re-drill. They look perfect.

Anyway, here's the URL:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Golden_Age_Restoration_Tuners_for_Solid_Peghead.html

Archived