Gibson Brands Forums

I just heard the kookiest thing...

heymisterk

Two guitars come off the Bozeman assembly line one after the other. One boxed up and shipped to the driest part of Arizona. The other sent to Seattle. Guaranteed one of them is going to have to be set-up... or both.

Trouble with an account and the only 'customer service' people are in India?

I had difficulty with on of my service providers. 3 calls to 'customer service' sent me to India, the third to Brazil. No resolution. [cursing]

Obviously 'customer service' means something else to this 'service' provider. So. I goes to Wikipedia, find out where the U.S. Office is, then let my fingers do the walking in that city's yellow pages. I made a call to the corporate office. When the system routes you to self directed call routing "If you want ... press 1, if you want.. press 2" Press zero. It will invariably take you to a local operator. Explain you problem and before you can be transferred say, "I DO NOT WISH TO TALK TO ANYONE OUTSIDE OF _insert name of home office city." Tell them you are (#*$#ed off and want to talk to an American Citizen in the United States (or your home country). I got what I wanted. First question, "What city are you currently in?" Second question, "Who is your governor?" That usually stymies the most well tutored off shore 'customer service' rep. Then explain your problem. Although they may be catching on. Come up with a second question that only a local would be fairly able to answer correctly.

I mean if a Customer Service representative can answer my questions and SERVICE ME. Then I'm fine with that. I usually give them a chance. In most cases I get good service from off shore offices. But when it becomes apparent there is a genuine lack of understanding or caring about my issue, I will do what I can to get on shore help.

[thumbup][lol][thumbup]

Right on. I have never met a "guidance counseler" who wasn't full of s**t, and very few teachers for that matter so this whole story kinda smells.

Well sir, you must have attended some shitty schools. I've had at least 3 teachers in my life that were inspiring and incredibly intelligent...my father being one of them. When a teacher really cares, you know it. We have some teachers on this here forum too that I think would be great to have.

Lotsa teachers in my extended family.

Some are great people, but so-so in the class room to be honest.

Some are squirrely as hell personally, but connect great with their pupils.

I personally know several college instructors and have great respect for them.

They also know their limitations and solicit my advice now and then when drawn from their comfort zone.

Coupla teachers made a huge impression on me as well, more so as I get older and look back.

Guidance Counselors?

Losers.

Every single one of them I've ever met.

Mrs. Neo has taught K-8 for nearly twenty years.

She's much nicer than I am so she won't body slam the ones she knows, but she has little in the way of praise for them.

Well sir, you must have attended some shitty schools. I've had at least 3 teachers in my life that were inspiring and incredibly intelligent...my father being one of them. When a teacher really cares, you know it. We have some teachers on this here forum too that I think would be great to have.

Never met a teacher who cared so I haven't had the pleasure, sounds nice though. Went to public and private schools and got the same treatment at both so I don't think it was a case of s**tty schools. If you didn't fall in line and think and act exactly the way they wanted then you were labeled "damaged goods" and pushed aside. Actually it made me self sufficient so yeah, I guess I should thank all the teachers I had who never gave a s**t. So yeah, thanks to all my crappy teachers for helping me realize the only person I could really rely on was myself. I guess you could say they gave me the best education after all. Funny how life works out.

If you didn't fall in line and think and act exactly the way they wanted then you were labeled "damaged goods" and pushed aside.

Didja ever notice that the folks labeling you as a problem were themselves problems just a few decades ago?

Where's all that crap about identity and spirit and free will NOW?

the only person I could really rely on was myself. I guess you could say they gave me the best education after all.

Almost everybody learns that at some point in their life.

Too many refuse to accept it as fact, or get hammered with it too late to adjust or cope with the consequences.

Archived