Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone straplocks (that came with the Les Paul tribute 2010)

holydiver

Holydiver,

That could be a tough one. I don't think they have been on the market very long to begin with.

As it is, Epiphone Brand replacement parts are pretty hard to find, unless someone is parting out a guitar.

(Ask anyone that has tried to get an exact replacement pickguard.)

You might have some luck by sending Gibson Customer Service a Email and asking them.

(oops...Pete.R beat me to it)

If the original "broke", are you sure you want to replace it with one just like it? You might be better off just replacing both with one of the many high quality brands that are more easily obtainable.

Hope other forum members are of more help.

Willy

Hi there,

Does anybody know if and where I can buy the epiphone straplocks that came with the les paul 2010 seperatly?

I had them with my les paul tribute 2010 last month, but yesterday on got broke :(

I'm talking about these ones http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=1918

I live in Holland

Thanks in advance!

It broke and you want one of the same type to replace it with?

That's just asking for trouble!

Do yourself a favor and buy some straplocks that aren't forged from cheap pot-metal (Dunlop/Schaller/Fender)

they are bound to hold up much better and way longer.

FYI ... I have these on my Les Paul Traditional Pro. With a thick leather strap, there is not much thread between the nut and the end of the post, and the nuts can come off. I suggest that you use a little bit of

Blue Loctite

to keep the nut from spinning off the end of the post, defeating the whole purpose of a strap lock.

Archived