Gibson Brands Forums

your fave xmas song?

S t e v e

Speaking of Christmas songs, I read this the other day and found it quite funny.

LIVE AID hero BOB GELDOF is no fan of his iconic charity track DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS? - he's branded it the "worst song in history".

He says, "I am responsible for two of the worst songs in history. One is Do They Know It's Christmas? and the other one is We Are The World. Any day soon, I will go to the supermarket, head to the meat counter and it will be playing. Every f**king Christmas."

HAHA! I love you Bob Geldof!

I'm not much into Christmas - nothing against it by any stretch of the imagination - but I'll go for Torme's Christmas Song too.

Larry - a friend of mine went to school with Mel and always said few people ever had the opportunity to know how good the guy really was.

Anyway - I think it's great fun to play the "traditional Christmas carols" like you're playing piano or organ.

Also, I know not whence came the guitar concept, but Paul Stookey's "A Soalin'" is fun to play on guitar and could be considered a Christmas song...

EDIT: One interesting thing about Christmas is that internationally the idea seems to have taken hold even in some nonChristian nations. I find it interesting too that supposedly in WWI there was a documented time when English and Germans quit shooting and sang at least "Silent Night" in their own languages...

Peace, good will... hard to argue with; and they come at a high price.

m

Unfortunately in my workplace Christmas music starts on Thanksgiving, you can tell the company we pipe our music from is extremely cheap. I used to love it when I was a kid but it's to the point now I can't wait to go take a lunch and turn on my ipod. I didn't know Neil Diamond even did Christmas music but he had his songs air 6 times today while I was there. Bah humbug.

Archived