Gibson Brands Forums

SG Bass with Maestro vibrola.

Lungimsam

Saw a picture on the back of a magazine (about 7 years ago). I don't know what mag it was, but the picture was of a '61 SG with maestro, standing next to a SG/EB-O/-3 type bass, also with maestro. Maybe it was an EB-6. But I am pretty sure it had 4 strings, or I would have taken note.

Anyone ever heard of an SG type bass with maestro?

Is he related to a conductor named "Lyre Vibrola"?

Now, he was a great Maestro! ... Conducted his 6 string section very well, without any hang-ups... He was very flexible and would bend over backwards for his string section...

Turned out to be a big fat Lyre, though... One day he broke away from everyone and they never saw him again. Some guy named "Floyd" was supposed to take over but apparently wasn't gonna fit in...Also, his string section said they couldn't take the up and down relationship with him anymore - everyone relaxed one minute, and all tensed up the next, they were glad to finally get some stability in their lives...

Is he related to a conductor named "Lyre Vibrola"?

Now, he was a great Maestro! ... Conducted his 6 string section very well, without any hang-ups... He was very flexible and would bend over backwards for his string section...

Turned out to be a big fat Lyre, though... One day he broke away from everyone and they never saw him again. Some guy named "Floyd" was supposed to take over but apparently wasn't gonna fit in...Also, his string section said they couldn't take the up and down relationship with him anymore - everyone relaxed one minute, and all tensed up the next, they were glad to finally get some stability in their lives...

A hard tale indeed .....

`

Archived