Gibson Brands Forums

Paul McCartney's song "Junk"

QuestionMark

Though not played on one of my many Gibsons, here's a rendition of me playing a guitar solo instrumental arrangement of Paul McCartney's song "Junk" on a classical guitar that I just posted on YouTube. This particular classical guitar is a Sam Ash bought Angelica...a hybrid of modern and classic nylon string guitars (about $250 from about 8 years ago). I like it because it has a Gibson-feeling neck (on it as opposed to the standard classical guitar neck), plus a cutaway, and electronics (that I'm not using when playing this particular song). My finger picking produces kind of a cool pingy sound on the instrument.

Hope you enjoy. The song is for sure a masterpiece of a melody by Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tZV4ncWNXQ

QM aka "Jazzman" Jeff

Nice.

I liked it.

Interesting arrangement and somewhat of a departure from the original. I had an arrangement of that song I played years ago, and now you've put me in mind of it again. Hmmm . . . I see a work-through coming on. B)

Regarding your guitar comments - I too have somewhat of a hybird classical. It's setup more like a steel string with a 1 7/8" nut, 15" radius, 14 clear frets, cutaway and electronics. It's a Taylor NS74-CE. I find myself playing it more than my traditionally setup Yamaha classical from the 70s.

Enjoyed your performance.

Archived