Gibson Brands Forums

Heritage cherry Sg bass owners ...

Lungimsam

If anyone has the time; I would really appreciate it if someone could post a close-up picture of the point where the neck meets the body on your SG Bass , but from the side.

Need to see the neck running into the inside of the cutaway. Thanks in advance for any help on this, guys.

No panic, just curious to see how they did the joining on the 2010 model. I saw an '08 and was wondering. From your pic, it looks the same (no surprise).

Also, the '08 stain of the neck and body didn't match. Neck was darker. But yours matches great. Just curious to see how others' were done.

Thanks for your help. I'm still waiting for mine. Will keep you posted.

Glad it helped you. The photo doesn't show the nice color of the two woods. I was fairly close to it, and the flash really brightened it up a lot. The photo was to large for an attachment. That's why there was no image in the other post I did. Hope yours shows up soon.

I had a dream last night that the SG arrived with a maple, fretless neck. Just bare wood. I was horrified. I couldn't tell if they meant it to be that way, or if they forgot to install the fretboard and frets! Ha ha!

Your SG color is great, grain is awesome too.

Archived