Gibson Brands Forums

Relic kluson button tuners for my CW?

Spot

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anybody knows of a US supplier for relic replacement Kluson button individual tuners? Looking for a replacement set for my CW...I've heard Stew Mac & Tonepros do them but can't seem to find any info on the respective websites???

My luthier says I need to make sure I order the right spec too.....I guess they must make different bushing sizes.

[confused]

photo-10-3.jpg

photo-12-1.jpg

I bought a set of these Klusons for my 59 CW. I found them on E-Bay and I believe I paid $37 for them.

You can search E-Bay under Musical instruments and search for Kluson tuners.

When I get home from work later today I can try to find my receipt and the sellers info for you.

Frank.

Thanks Frank. Are they used tuners you bought or new relic ones? Don't fancy buying a set of used ones as they may be in worse condition than my current tuners.

I've just heard from a retailed that Tonepros have stopped selling relic'ed ones [crying]

You can buy exact replicas from Willi Henkes in Germany. They are the original seamless off-white buttons. I used them on my 1957 LG-1 and love them. They are available from Elderly Instruments. They are a little pricy but their the best on the market by far for a vintage instrument. Oh, and they are easy to install.

Elderly's website

http://www.elderly.com/accessories/items/AAB1-CREAM.htm

My LG-1

86f4ace6.jpg

Installation video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcXZ8Q5Cij8

You can buy exact replicas from Willi Henkes in Germany. They are the original seamless off-white buttons. I used them on my 1957 LG-1 and love them. They are available from Elderly Instruments. They are a little pricy but their the best on the market by far for a vintage instrument. Oh, and they are easy to install.

Thanks Ryan.....

Did you buy just the buttons? I'm actually looking to replace the whole tuner x 6. I did have a look at their website, very interesting!!!

I guess another option I have is to just buy a set of Tonepros and relic them myself...

Casey at Stew Mac sent me this great link...

How to Relic in 30 minutes!

Thanks Ryan.....

Did you buy just the buttons? I'm actually looking to replace the whole tuner x 6. I did have a look at their website, very interesting!!!

I guess another option I have is to just buy a set of Tonepros and relic them myself...

Casey at Stew Mac sent me this great link...

How to Relic in 30 minutes!

Sorry, I didn't realize you wanted to whole tuner. I have had good luck with the Gotoh Kluson replacements. Very smooth and durable.

Archived