Jimmy Page, ca. 1995

General Specs

Body: Carved maple top, mahogany back and sides

Finish: Goldtop

Neck: One-piece mahogany neck

Fingerboard: Ebony with pearl block inlays

Frets: 22

Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-o-matic Bridge

Headstock: Gibson logo in ivory, 'Les Paul Model' in scripted gold and 'Classic' on the 3-layer trussrod cover

Tuners: Kluson-style

Hardware: Gold-plated

Pickguard: Black

Pickups: Custom-wound Seymour-Duncans

Controls: (2) Volume & (2) Tone knobs, 3-way selector switch, AxCent Tuning System

Years in use: 1993-1999

Jimmy Page began using the Goldtop Les Paul Classic Premium Plus while with David Coverdale, as seen on the music video for Pride And Joy. When Page reunited with Robert Plant in 1994, he used this guitar for the newly-extended Kashmir.

Page also used the Goldtop Les Paul Classic Premium Plus in 1999-2000 with the Black Crowes for Whole Lotta Love in the section before the Theremin Duel.

For the sliding sound on the end of 'Sons Of Freedom', I used the TransPerformance guitar. I'm really happy with that guitar. - Jimmy Page, Guitar Shop, September 1998

Hello Truetone6! Thank You very much! That's fantastic amount of info! Great guitar too! Best regards... Bence

Hello Truetone6! Thank You very much! That's fantastic amount of info! Great guitar too! Best regards... Bence

Aw shucks! I just copied that info from the internet.

I ordered a custom pickguard for my Les Paul like this. I bought a standard Gibson pickguard that I thought would fit would have fit but the holes were a tiny bit off.Had to get one that wasn't pre drilled

original-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Joe Bonamasa's Goldtop. Personally, I prefer my GT's with a light back and cream plastics, but there's no "right" answer, just personal style. Go for it if that's how YOU want it!

Thanks Dr Gonzo,I want to make mine look like the John Peden '57 Goldtop(below). I should get the pickguard on it tommorrow.

7777_gibson_les_paul_standard_1957_-1.jpg

Guest BentonC

While I like the black parts, I'm still really partial to the cream. Of course, if anyone would like to donate a Goldtop with black hardware to me, I would be more than happy to accept! [wink]

i like it with the black. did it to my epi that i painted the top on. looks really cool like Bonamassa. was a real pain finding new p/u rings for an epi. found one place that had them after a couple years of buying ones that didnt quite fit.

Wow! I would love to see a photo of your. Below are before(right) and after(left) photos of mine.

101_1601-2-1-2-1-1-1-1.jpg101_1030-1-1-1.jpg

Archived