Gibson Brands Forums

A bit of a long shot, but can anyone identify this guitar?

wendyw

I've been attempting to google it up, but my google skills are failing me today.

We picked this guitar up today at a local pawn shop.

It was my girlfriend whose attention it grabbed. She thinks she's going slightly mad for wanting it, exclusively playing strats and strat clones until now, but she fell in love with the look of a guitar with two humbuckers, a set (and shorter scale) neck, a 3/3 headstock, a hardtail bridge and a toggle switch.

Anyway, Stagg no longer do anything like it and I've tried looking it up and can't find any trace of this model online. Does anyone have any idea what the model's called, when abouts it might be from or where I could find any of that information?

(Please excuse the uncut strings - that's the way it came from the store.)

smallDSCF7511.png

smallDSCF7517.png

smallDSCF7515.png

Ive seen this brand before, they make beginnerish/low price guitars. Ive never seen any other guitar used or new from them under $300. Never picked one up, how does it sound and play?

I think its discounted, will be hard to find info since the compnay is so unknow. Did you try calling them and giving the serial number?

Ive seen this brand before, they make beginnerish/low price guitars. Ive never seen any other guitar used or new from them under $300. Never picked one up, how does it sound and play?

I think its discounted, will be hard to find info since the compnay is so unknow. Did you try calling them and giving the serial number?

It feels very nicely balanced and the neck is very comfortable. It gets a big thumbs up sound wise too. I haven't given it much of go yet, but so far I'm liking it a lot. It cost us £90 and at that price I'm very, very happy with it.

Unfortunately there's no serial number anywhere. It might have had it on a sticker on the back of the headstock and the previous owner helpfully removed it.

Stagg make/made really cheapy guitars from what I remember. The sort you buy as ur first. Dont recognise that but it has a cool PRS sorta vibe to it.

My daughter has a Stagg acoustic electric guitar we bought for her at the local music store where she takes her piano lessons. It sounds great. I've heard their electric guitars and basses. They sound and look good also.

That's brilliant. Thankyou. :)

You're Welcome - highly classified search technique. [thumbup]

Technology is amazing, eh?

You posted at 2:20PM, had answer from halfway around world in 55 minutes.

On second thought, technology is SCARY!!!!!!! [scared][scared][scared]

Archived