Gibson Brands Forums

No for something completely different

davidl

I thought about fishing this morning after seeing a bunch of ice fishing huts on the river on my way into work.

What do you fish for in your neck of the woods? Around here in winter we get mostly Perch, Northern Pike, Walleye and in lakes, trout.

I understand that Bass fishing in the southern States can be incredible. With a shorter growing season here, our Bass don't compare in size. An 8 pounder is rare. My biggest Bass was a 5.5 pound small mouth.

Dave

I mainly catch stuff like chub, perch and pike. ive once caught a snake which was in the river.

Know what you mean. I had to reel in a seagull once. Strange reeling in something that is in the air. Like a kite in a heavy wind.

Bass and speckled perch mainly in the lakes. Here on the coast it's sea trout, redfish, flounder and bluefish inshore.

Snapper, grouper, kingfish, wahoo, cobia, dolphin, etc offshore.

I've never been salt water fishing. Sounds like quite the thrill as long as you have your sealegs.

Dave

Bass and crappie here with the occasional bluegill perch, walleye when I go to Stockton Lake. A lot of people go catfishing here but I've never gotten into it. So relaxing being on the lake with a fishing rod and some beer. Hope to do that plenty this Spring and Summer.

down here in florida fishing is a big deal, especially in my family. My dad is a commercial kingfish fisherman and I go with him as much as I can. our main fish we catch is king fish but we also catch bonita,cobia,snapper,grouper,wahoo,etc. most of the time we use a hand line to catch them but some times we use live bait and when we do that we use rod and reel.

Growing up in Upstate NY I always loved fly fishing for trout- rainbow, brown, brook; you name it. I used to know of an amazing catfish lake. Then the typical bass, sunfish, crappy, ling...blah blah blah. But stream fishing was my THING.

Haven't had a chance since I've moved to the city. Maybe this summer I'll call up pops and throw some lines out up north.

Fishing is very big where I live in Hungary, and fish soup is the town's local delicacy. There is some debate as to what should go into the pot. Purists will only allow carp, but I know some fine chefs who add catfish and pike. The only bass with hooks in it around here would be a Fender Precision...

Archived