Gibson Brands Forums

Strap Locks on an SG?

P90Pete

i use the dimarzio cliplock straps on all of my guitars. since i started doing that i haven't had a single problem. except that my les paul sits a little funny in the case because of the little ends that always hang off. but its not a real problem.

I surprised that not too many people mention the Lock-It strap:

Lock-it strap

I own two of these straps and they are awesome. They can make them with the front portion of the strap in reverse so that they will accommodate SG's' date=' 335's, etc. that have strap pins on the back of the guitar. I was going to install Schaller's on my SG Classic, but decided to go with this strap instead and it works like a charm. All the other locking straps like the planet waves locking strap will have that directional problem as mentioned in an above post so that the strap would have to be twisted. But not on the Lock-It strap. You just have to email them before you order to make sure you get the right kind of strap for the SG.

I love these straps so much that I'm going to order two more to replace my other straps![/quote']

I was looking for some straps like those! How much do they cost? Are they as durable as strap locks?

The Lock-It Straps were about $25. You can order direct from the company or look on Ebay too, there's a dealer selling them. I really like the design, very durable. I prefer it over the schallers that I was using on my strat.

I put Schaller's on all my guitars. For the Gibsons, though, you'll probably have to break out the drill and router out that hole in the Schaller post to accommodate the original screws that came with the guitar. I think it was the one at the heel that was too fat, or something.

I ALWAYS USE THE ORIGINAL screws whenever possible. But that's just me.

Have at it!

Archived