Gibson Brands Forums

Where Do All The Guitars Go ?

damian

Seeing the photo of the stacks of wood in the Fender factory....And I see all the guitars in M.F., Sweatwater etc...New Gibson and Epi models out all the time...Not to mention all the Custom Luithers making guitars,

mass producers like Dean, Ibanez, etc....Is there a market for all these guitars?? Are enough guitars lost, broken, discarded, burned, etc. each year to need replacing ?? Are collections like mine and others just getting

larger ?? Is the number of guitarists growing that fast to absorb all these guitars ?? Just wondering.....any thoughts ??

My newest guitar just came from the factory, my oldest guitar is mid-60s.....Over a 35 year period I've sold some guitars, had perhaps 30 stolen, smashed at least 14 on-stage, shot two guitars or more to death, lost some, a couple drowned; and now I treat them all like gold, and my collection grows.......but, all these guitars being made; is it like cars and dishwashers ???? Disgarded once used up ??? Just wondering.............

I think a lot of em will be bought by music shops tbh. I'd like to think the number of guitarists is rising. I dont think that we break enough to reach equilibrium and that most of the guitars will remain with the guitar shops.

I think a lot of em will be bought by music shops tbh. I'd like to think the number of guitarists is rising. I dont think that we break enough to reach equilibrium and that most of the guitars will remain with the guitar shops.

Interesting thought.......rising inventory........warehouses full of unsold guitars...hmmmm.....

They go all over the world... Lets see, how many people are there... Billions! I can walk in a few guitar shops here in Spain and see Gibsons, Fenders, PRS, Ibenez....etc There are many countries and many big cities that all have guitars stores that need stock not to mention all the people that want guitars there....

They go all over the world... Lets see how many people are there... Billions! I can walk in a few guitar shops here in Spain and see Gibsons, Fenders, PRS, Ibenez....etc There are many countries and many big cities that all have guitars stores that need stock not to mention all the people that want guitars there....

O.K., makes sense....your guitars are all top shelf.............so, many non players are buying geetars because they can........makes sense..........and because the population keeps exploding....makes sense..

I buy my share! but it's a big world out there.

Honestly look around almost everywhere you look guitars are in corners, under beds there everywhere maybe it's a plan to over throw the human race six strings at a time. :-s

And your guitars are also top shelf...........and yes, there are guitars everywhere.....if it's a plan Retro, it better be an Aspie thing, hmmmm........

Must be a market, otherwise the finished lumber would be stackin' up somewheres. Then, when the stock holders inquire, there will be a lot of 'splainin' to do.

I suspect the Chinese currently have enough disposable income to afford a guit tar or two apiece. That ought to keep the band saws warm for decades.

Archived